Who is going to die?

Jonas Albrecht

Specifically, who is the woman in the reading that Zoraida performed during the Event?

The flips were:

The Queen of Rams (female warrior)

The Black Joker (Death)

The 10 of Crows (The Necropolis)

Zoraida interprets this to mean "a female warrior will die and find physical power at The Necropolis".

So, unless I missed the obvious answer in the book, we've got a mystery afoot!

Assuming the significance of the Ram (and right now, I do), there are three obvious candidates for "Female Warrior".

Perdita Ortega, who was at ground zero of the Event.

Lady Justice, who has the best incentive to go to The Necropolis.

Sonnia Criid, whose research may have caused her to go rogue against The Guild.

Ignoring the significance of the Ram, but assuming a master will die, female warrior could mean:

Lillith

The Viktorias

People that aren't "warriors" in the traditional sense:

Kirai Ankoku

Rasputina

Colette du Bois

Zoraida

Pandora

Speculations?

Edited by Jonas Albrecht

if you look at the puppet deck, the queen of hearts or the queen of rams is actually sonia criid. also she is the one mentioned as the one gaining the avatar powers as being described as a burning with arcane fire. its my oppinion that she will die but i think she gained the powers of a pheonix so hopefully she wont stay dead

She's going to die, then gain power.

And

**SPOLIER SPOILER SPOILER**

...dude... you just broke my heart...

my only hope is that...

NO... but... YES! [[.insert evil diabolical laughter here.]]

so that happens yes? But! She fights necromancers! What are the Death Marshals? Necromancers! and the Judge? Necromancer... so... her Avatar Form you ask?

=] well... let's just see what happens <3

[[.end of nerdgasm.]]

also the thought came to mind literally during the typing of this message lol

well neither did she......

that aside i think it'd be wierd to see her as an undead model and do the reverse of hamlin, not quite dead dead but lost some of her master super powers.

dude, if they made an undead version of Lady J [[.that didn't belong to the guild.]] or if any of the current Masters of the Guild defected, I'd be super pissed. I'm a bit worried about Sonnia because of what OP quoted, and I'm a little worried that C. Hoffman can team up with Ramos in a Brawl... I mean; we're suppose to be oppressive and mean and have total control here, and I'm seeing a very large lack of control over this situation right now lol

I think Zoraida's Prophecy is already party true. A Female Warrior (Justice) will die and fine power at the Necropolis (What else would you call Nicodem's observatory?). So she's already died at the necropolis, perhaps the wave of energy that hit everyone else enabled her mind to somehow survive her own death? A spirit form of Lady J would be kinda nasty...

I think Zoraida's Prophecy is already party true. A Female Warrior (Justice) will die and fine power at the Necropolis (What else would you call Nicodem's observatory?). So she's already died at the necropolis, perhaps the wave of energy that hit everyone else enabled her mind to somehow survive her own death? A spirit form of Lady J would be kinda nasty...

Yep, that's certainly within the parameters of the prophecy. I'm almost certain its going to be Lady Justice or Criid.

a bit OT, but in regards to what gunpowder saint said, I actually like the element of malifaux where all the characters actually do interact in daily life malifaux (mcmourning and nicodem having public jobs, the good doctor for the guild even... zoraida is a go to prophetess etc. etc.)

it reminds me of the gangs of new york movie.. wich is kind of the feeling (in a way) I get from malifaux as well... they are not opposing armies from different places, but rather opposing gangs/parties all competing for control in the same place... regular non-combat contact (and the fact some have clear dayjobs ;)) as well as strange alliances all adds to that :)

a bit OT, but in regards to what gunpowder saint said, I actually like the element of malifaux where all the characters actually do interact in daily life malifaux (mcmourning and nicodem having public jobs, the good doctor for the guild even... zoraida is a go to prophetess etc. etc.)

it reminds me of the gangs of new york movie.. wich is kind of the feeling (in a way) I get from malifaux as well... they are not opposing armies from different places, but rather opposing gangs/parties all competing for control in the same place... regular non-combat contact (and the fact some have clear dayjobs ;)) as well as strange alliances all adds to that :)

+1.

It makes it feel like everything is building to some kind of awesome crescendo. With a game as story driven as Malifaux, I have a feeling that's exactly what we'll get.

dunno if I should put in a spoiler warning, havent even read(or have) the book yet, tough this crossed my mind based on spoilers given by others in this topic... soo... spoiler warning :)

I was thinking... Justice becoming an avatar of death or an agent of death, sets things right in fantasy fiction at last ;)

death personified and grim reaper (types) are always identified with the undead, wich I always found unfitting.

After all necromancers and undead are breaking death's law by staying in the realm of the living by unfair means. if death was personified, Lady J would in fact be the perfect one to return and give power to as she is hunting the undead, at such she doesnt just execute the guild's law, but the law of death itself.

dunno if I should put in a spoiler warning, havent even read(or have) the book yet, tough this crossed my mind based on spoilers given by others in this topic... soo... spoiler warning :)

YES! You are now my favorite person! That's exactly what I was thinking off when I read that she died. She becomes the Grim Reaper out to destroy all necromancy for breaking her rules and her laws. All in the Balance of Nature :] Her Avatar Form

it's things like this that make the game, the story, and the books all worth reading and buying!