Common model secondary casts

icemantis99

Let me explain something- I really don't want to use non-unique sculpts. I love having tons of different miniatures, and I really don't want to field repeat models.

With that in mind, I've had to look at different minis to make up bigger numbers for common units.

For SPAs and possibly a alt-DE, I've been looking at the Mechanithralls/Brute Thralls from Warmachine- they're very "steampunk zombie". Only thing is I'm not sure how the Brute Thrall (which is what I'm thinking of running as a DE model) compares to the DE size-wise.

Zombies are really easy, no matter what they are.

Death marshals, just get some cowboys, do some conversion to give them Peacebringers, and buy a set of Coffins.

Anyone else do the same as me?

And note: If there were any more sculpts made by Wyrd, I'd get them in a heartbeat. I have what, 6 box sets now, plus LCB, plus tons of blisters? I just don't want to "double up" on things like SPAs, Necropunks, and whatnot.

Ya it's a little extreme to expect a 4th+ sculpt for "backbone" 4ss figures. Sure, there's some demand for big brawls but not nearly enough. I have about 35 figures/30 painted and another 10ish on the way and I've never felt the need for more than 3 of any of my cheap models (except steampunk arachnids) even now when we're gearing up for a brawl tournament I haven't felt the need for more backbone minis.

One of my potential crews includes 3 molemen (there are only 2 sculpts) so I'll try to do some reposing once I have the minis.

The only proxieing I have planned is

A big ole demon for summoned mature Nephalim if my real one is still on the field.

14067_G.jpg

This banshee that I just think looks cooler then essense of power.

14053_G.jpg

and a white rabbit for jackalope for the python joke.

Oh totally forgot to include my arachnids when counting my minis oh well.

For cards, my plan with my alternative models has always been to photograph my painted models, and to resize and paste the photo to a stat card bought for that purpose. The think with Malifaux is that it draws from so many genres, and there are so many wonderful miniature ranges out there, that it seems a crying shame not to use alternative models at times. I want to support Wyrd, but I also want to support other companies, as well. the more variety, the better!

Jim

One of my potential crews includes 3 molemen (there are only 2 sculpts) so I'll try to do some reposing once I have the minis.

There are 3 Molemen sculpts, if you only got two different ones then it's a mispack (there's one coming from the ground, one with one fist lowered and one in a "come ahead!" pose).

I'd love duplicates for the flesh golem, desolation engine and 2 more SPAs. I'm planning on building SPA's and a golem from a box of warhammer zombies and lots of green stuff and bits, the desolation engine's a bit more difficult though.

Heresy have some fantastic zombie sculpts, which I may have to get. Zombies are always useful :D

Still, I'd rather they kept releasing new stuff before releasing alternative models.

S'more Reaper, for Flesh Golem potential:

02865_G.jpg

02595_G.jpg

... and of course the go-to Heresy stand-in. I actually own this guy and he looks great alongside the Wyrd stuff. His hand is held high and prepped for a simple meat hook conversion job:

Heresy_FleshGolem.jpg

Though yeah, I'd love to see an official alternate Flesh Golem sculpt from Wyrd. Definitely.

I don't propose to list all of the mini's that could be useful but if looking for alternates one of the first places I lookis spinespur.

Has potential Warpigs, Flesh constructs, a Bad juju and a number of other figs people may find useful. The quality varies greatly but one or two gems. They even have a suitably creepy *****...

http://www.comfychairgames.com/range.php?range_id=6