Tips vs Neverborn

Rob1981

well your first impression is correct. Pandora is all about WP duels. Thankfully most of the constructs have decent WP. Now she is annoying to directly hit with a model (have to make WP duel.) Best means I know of to kill her is to make spiders and detonate them near her. Electrical creation can do the same.

She'll have sorrows and kade with her (and candy) but if its box on Box the steamborg can help deal with them, as his combat is high enough to hit.

Kill the sorrows first to reduce damage then use spider bombs to get past their defenses.

the way to deal with her is a ton of indirect dmg when targeting her, so making a ton of electrical creations is what your going to be probably doing. also spider swarms are fast little buggers and good for hunting sorrows. dealing with candy and baby kade using latch on helps and then have ramos kill them with arcane fire.

Also try throwing alot of spiders in there area and use Disruption feilds to make magic hard to do. controled detonattin is good, like the others have said its good indirect damage that gets her. If you get more models try to do controled detonation on Ice Gamins they do an extra +2 damage on there own and another +1 for Bite of winter and a final +2 for controled detonation, so 5 wds total, also they leave scrap counters so you can use those for even more spiders. Its a good combo. Just look at it as you are now bomber man and there bad guys who kill you by touching you. Lay bombs and blow them up before they get to you.

they wont leav any token as they are sacrificed and not killed. also they wont get there dying detonation as that also triggers offa being killed. but i think he wants to stay in the starter box to keep with his pandy playing friend thats also staying in the box. but incase im wrong on the box concept its good just to have the gamin stand there targeting the woes and wait til she targets em letting your other guys do the work. also if your going out of the box its better to have quantity vs pandy as she has trouble dealing with alota stuff.

they wont leav any token as they are sacrificed and not killed. also they wont get there dying detonation as that also triggers offa being killed. but i think he wants to stay in the starter box to keep with his pandy playing friend thats also staying in the box. but incase im wrong on the box concept its good just to have the gamin stand there targeting the woes and wait til she targets em letting your other guys do the work. also if your going out of the box its better to have quantity vs pandy as she has trouble dealing with alota stuff.

They do btw drop scrap counters because ramos controled detantaion on his card kills (not sacrifice) them so that they will. The only way to sacrifice your models is when a spider does it on its own.

So the idea does work, and i was giving him an idea on how to expand what he has when he is ready.

But controlled detonation is a bit harder to get off since ramos has to be within 12 inches but it works to kill and leave a token doing 5 damage.

4 damage only from detonated Gamins, but it's still rather good.. (Bite of Winter increases damage on targets. Pulses have no targets. Edit: And if they did, wouldn't it be 6 dg?)

Hmm that is true, i think I have it wrong but Im not sure Ill have to look that up latter. but if it was not it would only be five since the damage from ramo's C.D. would be from him not the Gamin.

If it does work it would need another Gamin to have bite of Winter in effect since you are not effected by your own Auras.

-Andrew

@dakrulz: You'd always need another Gamin nearby to be affected by Bite of Winter, you are not affected by your own pulses/auras unless the rule specifically says so and Bite of Winter doesn't.

@TimeLapse: Controlled detonation says the target generates the pulse?

Edited by Wodschow

Played a couple of 30ss games today to learn the rules (box v box isn't vaible as Ramos' box has a higher ss than Pandys) and Pandora is an absolute pain in the arse to pin down with all the free moves she gets, and the Wp duel to attack makes targetting her very difficult, in both games Pandora pratically destroyed my crew on her own- I targetted the sorrows first to make the woes vulnerable, the Steamborg ripped Teddy a new one and whittled down the woes with electrical fire. Pandora's ability to repeat her (0) actions and soulstone the Wp duels combined with her tiggers made her almost invincible. Got onto the spider bomb thing towards the close of the last game. I've worked out that attacking her directly is a waste of time. Picked up and electrical creation, Johan, a Razorspine and another base of spiders which I'll sling on single bases. Good learning experience though. Here's something that came up though, what happens when you have two opposing red jokers in a duel?

if you mean you both flipped red jokers, you just add up your totals. Red joker equals a 14. So you would just add 14 to the defensive and offensive stats. Red joker never means automatic success. It may mean you automatically get the spell off but there is always a chance to defend against it.

Hope this helps

Josh (Iamwyrd)