Wyrd at Gencon (with photos)

EricJ

Friday was car bombs, gin, blacksmiths (half guiness half Smithwicks) straight guiness, Dragons Milk ale, and tequila. For the life of me, I cannot understand why the limited pictures of that night seem so foriegn. Or why I had a peice of barstool in my bag.

Yay - the broken barstool! Lol - oh - you forgot the legendary "Pickleback" my hubby was drinking - shot of Jameson's chased with a shot of pickle juice.

No way I was drinking one of those - and no way was I going to drink that shot of tequila you were trying to get me to down. Just guinness for me. :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay - the broken barstool! Lol - oh - you forgot the legendary "Pickleback" my hubby was drinking - shot of Jameson's chased with a shot of pickle juice.

No way I was drinking one of those - and no way was I going to drink that shot of tequila you were trying to get me to down. Just guinness for me. :)

My buddy and I were recollecting that night last night. I still think next year you have to do The Intruder Song live on the piano with him!

"pickleback" is the most disgusting shot I have ever done. Over in Newport KY, there is a bar called the southgate house. They serve "Tommy Guns." Same thing, just as disgusting.

That Tequila was Delicious! Makes the rides home exciting! We walked to the hotel that night.

I had a great time at GenCon. The party Friday night was great with the Guinness and Irish Car Bombs. Running the demos in the game hall was alot of fun and I had too much time teaching people how to play. I have to give it up to Z for talking me into going for my first time. I lost track of how many games of Malifaux I played.

Friday was car bombs, gin, blacksmiths (half guiness half Smithwicks) straight guiness, Dragons Milk ale, and tequila. For the life of me, I cannot understand why the limited pictures of that night seem so foriegn. Or why I had a peice of barstool in my bag.

That's where the bar stool piece went?

Dude, you have to set that into a frame and put it on your wall! That's serious Wyrd memorabilia now!

That's where the bar stool piece went?

Dude, you have to set that into a frame and put it on your wall! That's serious Wyrd memorabilia now!

You mean my autographed barstool foot rest?

Oh its going on the wall by my painting station for inspiration, right under the armrest from a beck concert. Every time I gaze upon it I still will really not remember it happening.

When I get around to it, it will be my avatar... probably later tonight.

I seem to remember your husband had two "Picklebacks" in order to see if the order made a difference.

Just want to say it was great hanging out with you all on Friday night. And once again thanks for letting me assist with demos on Saturday, I had a blast. I just wish I could have stayed the whole time instead of having to waste time with 13 hours of driving from Nawlins on Friday and then another 13 hours back on Sunday. Stupid work, next year I'll be sure and weasel out the entire con.