Rising Power Rezzer Write-up [spoilers]

pigi314159

Since I'm sure people want it, here we go!

New Master: Kirai

-already posted

When fielded her spirit entourage, she's a lot more survivable than she looks. Basically I envision her walking around in a giant cloud of spirits and being nigh invincible.

Ikiryo

She is Kirai's living spirit. Good melee good range, decent defense. More importantly she can be resummoned via Kirai and when Ikiryo dies, Kirai heals. Beat stick? Yes

Lost Love

Kirai's totem. If you are fielding Kirai, you'd be nuts not to field her Totem. If the totem is alive when Kirai dies, bring Kirai back....this time as a spirit! Erm...YES PLEASE!

Necrotic Machine

Another genera-totem, but it interacts with Molly. That's right, our henchman gets a totem.

Molly

Our henchman who spews blood for fun. Well...she's a belle, so standard hard to wound and slow to die, but then she makes other belles and horrors walk fast! If a belle starts her activation in range of both Molly and Seamus +4 Wk. ROCKET BELLES!

Similar to Colette she has no melee strike so she is a caster...and her spell list is highly amusing. She can steal spells from others, make models walk further, kill another model in exchange for sacrificing herself, a damage spell with the track 2/3+slow/3+paralyzed and her last spell weakens the attack and defense flips of the targets. A lot of good utility in her.

As a henchman, she currently only has rotten belle, sybelle, and the rogue necromancy available to her, so we will have to wait and see what goodness shows up in the furture.

Datsue-Ba

My new favorite. What Sybelle is to Seamus or Morty is to Nico, Datsue is to Kirai. Good melee, is able to summon if she kills with one of her spells, gives your units more mobility and cna heal them as well. Very well rounded...and I just like the model. Creepy old lady with a skinning knife? YES PLEASE!

Dead Rider

Our horseman of the apocalypse. Expensive at 10 stones, but quite amusing. Able to move around the field, a beast in combat, and gains new abilities that are scarier the closer to dead he is. (Plus he regens and can heal himself on the flip of a 4+) All in all a solid model definitely worth the 10 stones.

Gaki

Hoarcats in ghosty spirit form. Get a swarm of them and you can devour Ht 2 models. Get another swarm and hit your triggers and you can get many many attacks in. Very good grunts for Kirai.

Guild Autopsy

At long last we have range! Unfortunately it comes at the cost of many other things we like. These guys are kind of anti-guild as they have many Wp based effects targetting build. The real bummer is these guys don't leave corpse counters and can't be beat up for body parts. Plus they are Easy to Wound, with not a lot of Df nor Wd. Good thing they're cheap at 3 stones, and the good doctor can summon them for 3 body part counters.

Night Terror

Scary spirit bats! A swarm of these can shut down ranged attacks. Generally good for control and inexpensive at 3 stones as well.

Onryo

Kirai's advanced beatsticks. Good control as well as they can models unable to target spirits with anything but basic melee stricks. Has a good basic ranged spell and is generally solid all around. These would be Kirais' version of Punk Samurai or Belles imo, a staple in any Kirai list.

Seishin

These are the models Kirai gets when stuff dies. Well, they are her defense mechanism. She can redirect attacks to Seishin in base contact and they can sacrifice themselves to make Kirai and all friendly Seishin nearby immune to AoE damage. They can also attach to spirits to improve Cb. All utility, no damage. Which is fine. (This is the cloud of spirits that should be surrounding Kirai for as much as possible imo.)

Shikome

Affectionately earning the nickname of Geisha-harpy, these spirit beasties are hunters. They will track down an enemy model and attempt to kill it 'til it's dead. They can't be slowed down, they fly, and can generally make life miserable for their prey. (Stay there! I will chase you if you move! Run too far away and you take damage! PLUS I'M TERRIFYING! MUAHAHAHAHA!)

Rogue Necromancy

What do you get when you throw a lion, a snake, a lion, and McMourning into a lab? This monster. 10 stone beasty that breathes acid and mauls face....a lot.

So that's my take on what we have in book 2!

its really isnt i mean these guys can produce alot of body parts and corpses per turn i hope they thought to make it a limit one per game or something along those lines.

Unless it changed, it is a Rare 1. So you can only have one in play at a time. Is it possible to get 8 body parts from the Chihuahuah (I assume that is the 1SS model you are referring to)? I've only played McMourning a couple of times, Seamus is my guy and now Kirai, but I thought I had to kill the Chihuahuah and at least another dog to get a Flesh Construct and have a good card in hand. So I don't think it's that easy.

While it can be done I think you will hurt yourself in the long run. McM works so much better if he has a few body parts for himself to gain fast when needed and cast rancid transplant or get some healing flips in. I have also found that it is not very efficient to convert his ss cache to body parts.

its really isnt i mean these guys can produce alot of body parts and corpses per turn i hope they thought to make it a limit one per game or something along those lines.

U mad bro? Just wait til my sweet undead kitty eats that peacekeeper.

And yes, thanks for the writeup for us poor folk still waiting anxiously for our copy of Rising Powers....it's slowly killing me.

I have to confess, I was wrong about the ss cost of the undead chimera, it is actually 10. For some reason I was convinced that it was 13.

Ah! No matter though, summoning a 10pt model is still beastly.

Is this chimera a quick mover perchance? I wouldn't mind getting a quick zombie besides the necropunks (minus the new and improved rocket belles, of course).

• 2 weeks later...