Von Shill?

kbdrand

Can anyone who has book 2 post some information about Von Shill? He's the one Henchman I'm the most excited about at this point, but I don't get my book 2 until they ship them out and I'm dying here.

I want to start figuring out what kind of model I need to proxy him, but I want to get some more information about him first.

I saw a pic of Von Shill from the book, and I'm not real happy with the look. I'm probably going to use something else for his model but I'm not sure where to get it. I really envisioned him as a Prussian era soldier type with a spiked helmet. I've been doing some searching online but can't find and models in the 32mm size range that fit the bill. I guess once the model is released from Wyrd I can always remove his flowing hair and green stuff a helmet on him.

• 2 weeks later...
My thought was the Friekorps image was based around the fremen from dune or more importantly they look like they are in the stillsuites. The librarians ancient words kinda helped enforce that image in my head.

I like the imagry of the Freikorps much better after reading your post. Initially, I was disappointed with the drawings (I had expected some deep-sea diver-esque steampunk armour), but I see (and approve of) the resemblence to Fremen.

Jim

I want to start figuring out what kind of model I need to proxy him,

My suggestion would be a Boba Fett fig. He flys around, pops shots at everyone and let's everyone know he is a hard ass. Seriously though I just used him at a 35ss tournament as a henchmen to the Vik's and was quite pleased at how he did. Great vs Res and Arch. Still though the ability to fly 15 is pretty awesome.

Madman, those minis look vaguely familiar, but I can't remember where I saw them. (I like the look.)

Trag, I'm currently using some Star Wars minis for proxying Freikorps. I'm using Clone Troopers for now (with a Clone Trooper Training Sergeant for Von Schill), but I have been considering using Mandalorians. (I've got Boba, but I think some of the other Mandalorian figures might work even better, along with giving the whole force a more consistent look.)

GS

the Mandos is a good choice- I value my SWM too much to rebase or mess with them

the first is Cpt Gordon(Von Schill) from Arkham Assylum 'Clix

the second is Wildfire,(Librarian) Legoin of superheros 'clix

the next is a Haqislam Flame thrower unit from Infinity Miniatures

the second is a sniper from the same force

the Infinity models are sculped from one of Malifaux's lead sculptors...

I just found a newer version of the sniper who is posed in a more Snipery position

I haven't setteled on a trooper yet

since thery are just proxies I do't want to get in too deep

I though I'd seen those minis before, Madman. (The name rings a (faint) bell.)

I'm just using my SW minis until the official Freikorps ones get released, so since the bases are fairly close (and the folks I play with are doing mostly friendly games (as opposed to tournament stuff)), I'm just leaving them alone. I just have to make sure my opponents know which is proxied for which.

I use my official models for demos and such, though. (Better to avoid potential confusion with new players.)

Anyone have any play experience with the Freikorps? I've proxied them a bit, and they've been a ton of fun. The biggest problem I've had when running purely Freikorps with Von Schill is a lack of hitting power against really heavy stuff. I'll be trying out Taelor or Misaki with them to help alleviate that.

The trappers are fantastic, though.

Anyone have any play experience with the Freikorps? I've proxied them a bit, and they've been a ton of fun. The biggest problem I've had when running purely Freikorps with Von Schill is a lack of hitting power against really heavy stuff. I'll be trying out Taelor or Misaki with them to help alleviate that.

The trappers are fantastic, though.

I played a mix bag of them

and did well,(Still lost 'cause of a reallay bad control hand)but

Vonschill is super moble!

and quite nice against the Neverborn who can zoom up on you... being able to back up with his quasi flight/nimble after a nasty strike and allow the Flame thrower to balst away is a great trick

a little light on HP and low on WP for my taste but the Librarian helps with that

I plan to keep them in varing degrees in my squad for our leagu to keep my opponents on their toes

I played a mix bag of them

and did well,(Still lost 'cause of a reallay bad control hand)but

Vonschill is super moble!

and quite nice against the Neverborn who can zoom up on you... being able to back up with his quasi flight/nimble after a nasty strike and allow the Flame thrower to balst away is a great trick

a little light on HP and low on WP for my taste but the Librarian helps with that

I plan to keep them in varing degrees in my squad for our leagu to keep my opponents on their toes

What sort of Neverborn build did you go against? I played against a Lilith list with Nekima, a blackblood shaman, and a bunch of tots and youngs. The new stuff lets them get those nephilim up to mature so fast, it was rough. I just didn't have the power to chew through them before they got to me.