ok what the heck is puppet wars ???

It is a game that you play with puppets. You have three choices per round on what to do. Each option will beat one of the others but not both. Each option will also be just as powerfull as the others. It has an interesting mechanic of Simultanious activation so you never know what you opponent will choose until you have already chosen yourself. The puppets are Pete Paper, Ricky da Rock, and Suzzy Scissors.

All the other details I know, have been sworn to secrecy. :secruity:

It is a game that you play with puppets. You have three choices per round on what to do. Each option will beat one of the others but not both. Each option will also be just as powerfull as the others. It has an interesting mechanic of Simultanious activation so you never know what you opponent will choose until you have already chosen yourself. The puppets are Pete Paper, Ricky da Rock, and Suzzy Scissors.

I'd prefer a mechanic where one option beats both the others. It would make the decision about which puppet to use easier.

We examined that puppet in testing and found it skewed the balance and ruined the fun.

Hm. That's unfortunate because I really feel it could have enhanced my fun.

Can you speak to what happens if two people throw the same puppet? Do they have to play a game of Malifaux to break the tie? Because that would be awesome.

• 2 months later...

Will the first expansion include. Spock the logical neverborn, and Lizzie the Lazy Lizard?

• 2 weeks later...

My 11yo son (with active encouragement from my wife) has evolved the 'known' game in to a mutant they call "Scissors ... Paper ... Anything". Judging which will be more destructive than Mutually Assured Destruction & the AIDS epidemic (as one example) is somewhat less clear cut than comparing paper against Rock.