Master with the most "finesse"?

Pantomime

Finesse -

extreme delicacy or subtlety in action, performance, skill, discrimination, taste, etc.

skill in handling a difficult or highly sensitive situation; adroit and artful management: exceptional diplomatic finesse.

I translate it directly into who has the highest risk vs reward ratio. This usually ends up being a glass cannon or controller. So which master do you think when played very well is absolutely devastating, and when played ok is underwhelming? Why?

I've never actually played with/against her, but I want to guess Zoraida. Mainly because she doesn't do damage like most masters can...but instead uses the enemy's force to deal damage to each other through obey and the like.

Of the masters that I've used I want to say McMourning. I know he's a savage melee monster...but he has low willpower and even lower defense. This means that he can be scared away from terrifying models or shot to pieces from range. He has no special movement characteristics (Has to use a counter to gain fast) and most of his spells are melee range only. Sure he has a ton of soulstones, but he has to use them for defense for the most part. I still love using McMourning but since I mainly play against a Lady J crew....he can get cut up pretty easily if he doesn't get the jump on them.

My vote is Pandora. When played effectively she can be devastating but she takes a lot of practice to really get working right.

I'd also put a vote in for Som'er Teeth. Gremlins are a tricky crew to master but can be really devastating when you figure it all out.

I'd wait to chime in on this discussion until after the new Masters are fully revealed. ;)

Gah, why I never filled out that Beta application I will never know.

The hardest master I have tried, so far, is Pandora. One game and she has kind of sat on the shelf since then.

From the sound of the other thread I shall at least get some use out of Teddy soon though.

I'd definitely say Pandora because honestly she is not one of those masters that you are going to pick up and play for the first time and be awesome with. Most of the time it takes about 3-4 horrible horrible losses till you realize why your sucking so much <.< but that's just my opinion.

Though having a friend who plays Som'er and plays him well I think he would be in that list too just because Som'er is a special one who also happens to be really quirky. Zoraida's ability to run away from everything I think makes Zoraida a bit easier just for the fact if you mess up that bad poof 20" away you go <.<.

I'd definitely say Pandora because honestly she is not one of those masters that you are going to pick up and play for the first time and be awesome with. Most of the time it takes about 3-4 horrible horrible losses till you realize why your sucking so much <.< but that's just my opinion.

Though having a friend who plays Som'er and plays him well I think he would be in that list too just because Som'er is a special one who also happens to be really quirky. Zoraida's ability to run away from everything I think makes Zoraida a bit easier just for the fact if you mess up that bad poof 20" away you go <.<.

True story, Zoraida can escape quickly...but you'd be out of range of all the voodoo shenanigans and miss out on doing anything else for at least one more turn. Unless you camped a voodoo doll somewhere of course...

Pandi is pretty well finesse-y. She does one things very well - willpower trauma. While very powerful, she has issues.

1. Once the whole WP duel to target is bypassed (whether ability *cough Perdita * or winning a duel), she's very vulnerable to attacks, which means she's getting hurt or she's Martyring a Woe. Which brings down the WP trauma by another model.

2. Non- Woes do not synergize well with her, so compensating for her weaknesses means giving up some of the crew's true strengths.

2a. Certain Strats and Schemes are a bit harder on her and her crew. For instance, Kidnap. As the target model has to be killed by a melee attack- not a strength on the Woes in general, definitely not Pandi -that means outside help (see number 2). I made this mistake once. Once Candy and Kade were offed, my chance at those VP's became nigh-impossible.

Zoraida and Som'er, pretty much for the same reasons aberration and nilus mentioned. They're both tricky to play, but can be nasty when done right.

Although I don't really have much experience with non-Rezzers I vote this. Zoraida even more so. She sort of needs to manipulate you opponent in ways that are not in your face damage. While Pandora may do it differently at the end of the day it is sort of the same thing as most other masters, wins through damage. Granted she is not nearly as in your face as say Lilith or Lady J, but I still think she is a nickel and dime damage dealer, where as Zoriada does not really seem to be much of a damage dealer at all, as she stacks the odds in her favor and plays denial with your guys.