My First Wyrd Miniature

ChrisM

Very nice!

How'd you paint the brown? --> Ie. The process: basecoat, wash, highlight, highlight?

And what company paints did you use?

I've not happy with the way my browns come out so I'm hunting down new techniques to try.

Thanks for the close up, Perdita is definitely one hot cowgirl!

I'm using Citadel paints right now but as I run out I am switching to Valejo

The leather is Bestial brown with a vomit brown highlight, and then a badab black wash, then I touch up any highlights I want to stick out more. It's fast and looks pretty good. The quality isn't as good as some of the other painters I've seen on the forum but for me I'm happy!

Some of you guys here are true artists.. I'll be picking your brains for sure!

I'm using Citadel paints right now but as I run out I am switching to Valejo

The leather is Bestial brown with a vomit brown highlight, and then a badab black wash, then I touch up any highlights I want to stick out more. It's fast and looks pretty good. The quality isn't as good as some of the other painters I've seen on the forum but for me I'm happy!

Some of you guys here are true artists.. I'll be picking your brains for sure!

you can just shut your mouth that model is about 20*4 carry the 2 divide by 6 add 1000 = 1 billion times better then i can do. my last model looked like i glued it to the blade of a blender and then threw paint into it. oooh waith thats what i did do.

awesome paint job

you can just shut your mouth that model is about 20*4 carry the 2 divide by 6 add 1000 = 1 billion times better then i can do. my last model looked like i glued it to the blade of a blender and then threw paint into it. oooh waith thats what i did do.

awesome paint job

OMG I needed a laugh! There are a number of simple things that I do to fake a good paint job. If you want I can PM you a number of em. This miniature took about 2 hours to paint which is fast for me. I have a dwarf that I did that took me around 6.