Convict Gunslinger

Sholto

Thanks. I tried to improve on my painting of red with his guns - I might try and do a whole figure in red one of these days! The tutorial on Necrotales.com has me inspired.

I spent some extra time shading and highlighting his skin, as well as applying various glazes to blend it all together. Next time I will start with a redder base colour - Tallarn Flesh is just a little too brown for the effect I was after.

The nipples have been the subject of much discussion in my gaming group. Yeah - tells you all you need to know about my gaming group ;)

Although a couple of people have suggesting rouge-ing them up a little, I'm not too keen on large man-nips, and would prefer to keep them low key. I am certainly not about to follow the most recent suggestion, which was to make and attach tassels...

I've had good success with skintones with using "Dwarf Flesh" from GW, adding the "Flesh Wash" from Privateer, and going back in with dwarf flesh, then hitting the uppermost areas with GW's "Elf Flesh".

the shading around the scars is very good, and it's not a jagged transition from the skintone to scar.

The nipples have been the subject of much discussion in my gaming group. Yeah - tells you all you need to know about my gaming group ;)

Although a couple of people have suggesting rouge-ing them up a little, I'm not too keen on large man-nips, and would prefer to keep them low key. I am certainly not about to follow the most recent suggestion, which was to make and attach tassels...

Duct tape Xs are always a win

the shading around the scars is very good, and it's not a jagged transition from the skintone to scar.
Thanks. It was very simple, actually. When I did the basecoat I put a streak of red on all the scars. The highlighting mostly hid this, but when I was done I applied a couple of light washes of Baal Red - more a glaze than a wash. Then I applied a watered-down (3:1) mix of Dead White and Pale Flesh to the very ridge of the scars.