New Crews?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think taking the Neverborn Que from the Nephilim & Doppelganger could mean more in the line of further types of demons and evil religous spirits.

Maybe something like Loki the Trickster from Norse mythology.

I personally would find this direction more interesting than archetypal horror creatures, but I do understand that would just be a personal preference.

I Would love to loki/ norse mythology, would be hard to work in maulfaux, but well worth it and valkyries would be good to see.

The only thing that I absolutely positively without a doubt NEED TO HAVE is a crew pulled from the show Carnivale. This game is the only one I can think of that would do justice to it. Healer, fortune teller, strongman, mentalist, non-undead "European Dancers," and actual honest to [goodness/evilness] AVATARs...

sooo many possibilities for a Freak Show crew...

I think the major worry for Wyrd would be too much repetition with a Loki figure. If you choose to go with the trickster in either a Loki form or more Native American with the coyote, you start to run into themes. While it works great with Kade and Candy minions what new can you really build. I mean you can’t do the seductress as that is sort of the belles thing, or the old hag or old man which have been done.

There are some great ideas that I think could be adapted. (a master or minion who has had there mouth sewed shut) I am not sure how far you could run with that. Although I will add the caveat that I am a bit fried from work so not real creative lately.

Hey guys as for the Vampire thing I thought I'd just let you know that in OLD legends (and roleplaying system) Lilith is the oldest Vampire. So we already have a Vampire with the; ability- Blackblood;actions- Drain Blood, Blood from Stone; Triggers- Bloody Fate, and Disappear, not to mention the spell Alluring.

I mean how much more Vampy can you get? It is not Bram Stoker's version of a vampire but I could do without a bad Romanian accent anyways.

Hey guys as for the Vampire thing I thought I'd just let you know that in OLD legends (and roleplaying system) Lilith is the oldest Vampire. So we already have a Vampire with the; ability- Blackblood;actions- Drain Blood, Blood from Stone; Triggers- Bloody Fate, and Disappear, not to mention the spell Alluring.

I mean how much more Vampy can you get? It is not Bram Stoker's version of a vampire but I could do without a bad Romanian accent anyways.

Slappes Murphy'sLawyer, HELL NO get your mythos right, lilith far too hard to a vampire, if anything she is a human(or was at first), demon or a succubus, not a vampire. (although vampires could be descended from her like succubi, like many other creatures)

Forceably stoppes himself from ranting

Slappes Murphy'sLawyer, HELL NO get your mythos right, lilith far too hard to a vampire, if anything she is a human(or was at first), demon or a succubus, not a vampire. (although vampires could be descended from her like succubi, like many other creatures)

Forceably stoppes himself from ranting

In the Medieval ages Lilith got blamed for everything; Demons, Black Magic, Werewolves, and yes Vampires. She was the goto baddy when villagers couldn't explain something.

Besides that look at her card and tell me there isn't a Vamp stamp on it.(Metaphorically not literally.)

Oh and yes I know my mythos, I also know there are many mythos connected to Old legends.

Edited by Murphy'sLawyer

The only thing that I absolutely positively without a doubt NEED TO HAVE is a crew pulled from the show Carnivale. This game is the only one I can think of that would do justice to it. Healer, fortune teller, strongman, mentalist, non-undead "European Dancers," and actual honest to [goodness/evilness] AVATARs...

sooo many possibilities for a Freak Show crew...

Yeah, +1 for this. And the posibility of ****** would increase...:rofl:

In the Medieval ages Lilith got blamed for everything; Demons, Black Magic, Werewolves, and yes Vampires. She was the goto baddy when villagers couldn't explain something.

Besides that look at her card and tell me there isn't a Vamp stamp on it.(Metaphorically not literally.)

Oh and yes I know my mythos, I also know there are many mythos connected to Old legends.

True Lilith does look (and act) Vampiric, (My EPIC Lilith looks even more vampric (She stole the wings and tail from a mature nepilim)

I would like to see succubi and Dragons with lilith more than vampires currently, but there is space for the vampires in her brood

And no freak show EVER

True Lilith does look (and act) Vampiric, (My EPIC Lilith looks even more vampric (She stole the wings and tail from a mature nepilim)

I would like to see succubi and Dragons with lilith more than vampires currently, but there is space for the vampires in her brood

And no freak show EVER

Yeah, succubi would be really cool.

And although I don't want a freak show crew, a "carnival" crew could be interesting... (Just no c*****!!)

There is a certain chemistry between 4 suits and 4 factions (plus the frequently present Mercenary group). I guess I'd be a bit surprised if a new faction showed up any time soon. Each of these factions are diverse enough in overall theme that there is much to do within each of them before needing another faction and the game mechanics could get bit awkward with a 5th.

I find myself agreeing that its perhaps better to continue to flesh out the current factions and branching those out. The current blend already demonstrates the option of high amounts of diversity in a faction. Rasputina's barbaric paganistic magic focus is quite removed from the ordered science of the steam fitters union for example.

I would like to see a few different concepts explored, riverboat gambler types, chinese and european labor imports, a bartender master, maybe some sort of explorer faction that have found an ocean on malifaux and have "big daddy" style diving suits, huxsters and snake oil merchants, guild gallows crews, a jeckyl and hyde style master, a gambler master than can manipulate suits.

Brilliant setting with so many possibilities.

I find myself agreeing that its perhaps better to continue to flesh out the current factions and branching those out. The current blend already demonstrates the option of high amounts of diversity in a faction. Rasputina's barbaric paganistic magic focus is quite removed from the ordered science of the steam fitters union for example.

I would like to see a few different concepts explored, riverboat gambler types, chinese and european labor imports, a bartender master, maybe some sort of explorer faction that have found an ocean on malifaux and have "big daddy" style diving suits, huxsters and snake oil merchants, guild gallows crews, a jeckyl and hyde style master, a gambler master than can manipulate suits.

Brilliant setting with so many possibilities.

An underwater city would be pretty cool (I like the big daddy idea)

perhapes if you did it like at atlantis, type city where the city sank below the waves (from an unkown reason) and still full of the dead, who lived there(resurectionists potential there), and possible giant sea monsters for the neverborn

New "Faction" too awkward to fit in the game mechanics. Yes. Different flavors of crews within each faction' date=' totally doable. And the four Factions are open enough to include any new crew you wish.[/quote']

I disagree, a new faction or 4 could be added easy. New factions could use suit combos or have a new suit all together. If you were playing the new faction you would take out one suit of cards in your deck and add in the new one. It could create some interesting choices if the new faction had triggers for all the suits. do I take out rams or masks this game? also since all triggers depend on your own deck it does not matter what suits are in your opponents deck.

Hey WYRD how about a new faction!