Passage Through the Breach

thetang22

First thing you need to realize is that Malifaux is not just a fantasy steam punk game. Every single word is true. There was just no other way to smuggle our true history to the masses, under the radars of the powers to be, than to turn it into a game.

In truth, the government cabinets are filled not with documents, but with pinned bleeding voodoo dolls and international conferences are but a cover for familiar gathering where Pandora can discuss how to clean boxes with Bad Juju and Lilith musters the Doppelgangers we believe to be our elected leaders. Such is the price of the failure of our ancestors on the other side.

I would tell you more, but I have to go into hiding now... :ahhhhh:

First thing you need to realize is that Malifaux is not just a fantasy steam punk game. Every single word is true. There was just no other way to smuggle our true history to the masses, under the radars of the powers to be, than to turn it into a game.

In truth, the government cabinets are filled not with documents, but with pinned bleeding voodoo dolls and international conferences are but a cover for familiar gathering where Pandora can discuss how to clean boxes with Bad Juju and Lilith musters the Doppelgangers we believe to be our elected leaders. Such is the price of the failure of our ancestors on the other side.

I would tell you more, but I have to go into hiding now... :ahhhhh:

Hello, I'm officer Gallagher with the Guild. We'd like to ask you a few questions down at the station so if you'd just step inside this coffin...

This may be a question for Nathan or Redstripe - can the Neverborn pass through the Breach to Earthside?

I don't recall ever reading about them doing so. I just wasn't sure if it was by choice or restriction. Just wondering because of a brainstorming idea for a fan-made campaign.

In the story "Seamus Crashes a Funeral" from Wyrd Chronicles 2, the Curator of the Malifaux Archive describes the life and death of Bernard Hughes, an explorer who discovered and named the Gorgon's Tear.

Towards the end of his life, he was convinced that Neverborn had followed him through the breach to reclaim the stone. Whether this actually happened or was simply a symptom of his madness is uncertain.

So far, I believe, it is the only anecdotal evidence of Neverborn crossing the Barrier.

Neverborn are characteristically difficult to track and monitor, most possessing great talent with illusion or disguise. If they are capable of crossing through the Breach, it may be that they do so undetected. It may be that the person sitting next to you in the Blue Car is a murderous alien monster on his way to a new life in New Amsterdam.