What, no more Gremlinettes?

Pavic

That deal went until Dec. 31. Since then, Nathan decided that special promo minis available only from the online store would undermine the same game stores that he relies on to spread the word. There might be new promos available as special prizes for cons and tourneys, however.

I got my Gremlinette in trade for some terrain.

Nathan said he liked the idea of promo minis but that they needed to find a better method of making them available.

Something like what Alderac Entertainment does with it's LEgend of the Five Rings collectible card game would be a good idea. Each starter deck and booster pack comes with a proof of purchase printed on the packs, called Koku, with each booster pack worth 1 koku and starters worth from 3 to 5 koku. AEG then provides cards and other merchandise (t-shirts at one time) for koku. So if Wyrd can include proof of purchase points on starter boxes and blisters then the consumer can turn in those points for promo stuff.

Something like what Alderac Entertainment does with it's LEgend of the Five Rings collectible card game would be a good idea. Each starter deck and booster pack comes with a proof of purchase printed on the packs, called Koku, with each booster pack worth 1 koku and starters worth from 3 to 5 koku. AEG then provides cards and other merchandise (t-shirts at one time) for koku. So if Wyrd can include proof of purchase points on starter boxes and blisters then the consumer can turn in those points for promo stuff.

I like this idea, mostly because I used to play L5R, but the only issue is those who have already made a ton of purchases aren't likely to get much out of it unless there's a retroactive thing in place. Maybe put it in the hands of the henchmen to verify that a person has purchased models for a one time reimbursement of Malifaux Moneys

It was a nice thing when Wyrd was a mail-order miniature company.

Now Wyrd is a game company with its product on shelves its better to encourage retail purchases.

They have a real "I want" feel that means they should be somewhere grab-able.

There was talk of limited edition being used as tournament prizes (although that may have been chineses whispers) which is apparently why we haven't seen the third Hanged (Jack Daw) shown in greens in Chronicles 3.

Ask around, a lot of people have Gremlinettes, I gave my first away and ended up grabbing another when I decided to play Somer.

Its only good to have two Hog Whisperers for really, really big games.

I would not be surprised if they had some Gremlinette stock left.

It is not a big deal that I did not get one, I just was wondering what had happened.

It is a good policy change though. I have never been able to figure out why certain companies compete with their dealers. Wyrd's limited size at the moment still makes keeping a webstore a good idea, but the limited mini thing would be difficult for dealers to swallow.

The idea of points on the blisters would be a great idea. I used to play the A Game of Thrones card game when it originally came out and by collecting the points you could get some ultra cool stuff. Using this method to distribute alternate model sculpts, t-shirts, and even alternate fate decks or special corpse/scrap tokens would be great.