Smog 1888 Game?

I don't know about the game but they keep putting out incredible new figures fairly regularly like Malifaux.

Kain Finger (a very large batman ?)

http://www.smartmaxstore.com/content/product_1731379b.jpg

and Fu Manchu.

Unfortunately it wouldn't be a cheap game judging by the cost of the resin figures so I'd be hoping for a board or boxed game with plastic figures. Maybe rescaled to 28-30mm rather than 54mm.

http://www.smartmaxforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=85

The is a bit of a discussion about the possibility of what type of game it could turn into in their forum & they mention Malifaux

"Regarding no dice systems, the only one I have used at the moment is that from Malifaux: you only need a poker cards deck. And I personaly find it wonderful, because you can store some cards in your hands and "cheating" some "rolls" changing the card you got from the deck for another better one from your hand (but be careful, your adversary can do the same)."-caronte

Edited by razide

• 9 months later...

The news from Smart Max is sporadic at best. Unsure if it's now a minis game or a boardgame with minis (ala incursion, okko, etc).

I would be all over this if it wasn't for the off scale. I don't want to feel like I need to collect another set of terrain pieces of the corresponding size, etc. Amazing looking models (and I'm sure the larger scale helps that).

I had heard he had had an accident so things had really slowed down. Unfortunately I feel that a Smog game would bomb, the models are too expensive and it would need a different scale of terrain than most games have making it hard for converts to just wack some terrain on the board and play.

I really love their model range but would never collect them for a gaming basis simply because of the cost. Still really good models but I doubt that any game would be sucessful if they still used the same size minis and the same pricing. Still I would love too see something come out more gaming range the better as far as I am concerned

I really love their model range but would never collect them for a gaming basis simply because of the cost. Still really good models but I doubt that any game would be sucessful if they still used the same size minis and the same pricing. Still I would love too see something come out more gaming range the better as far as I am concerned

wasn't inquisitor the same sort of scale and price?

wasn't inquisitor the same sort of scale and price?

Inquisitor was a GW game so it had a much bigger catchment area to begin with. Even then it didn't do amazingly and most Inquisitor player I know now play with 30mm figures. TBH I always suggested they released Limited Edition models of the major Black Library characters, that way the collectors and fanboys would have paid for the Inquisitor players as the game doesn't support itself.

• 3 months later...

I've tested the game this weekend, so i'll explain a bit: its a board game with minis, and you havce several tokens in the bow in case you don't want to get the minis. It doesn't use dice but a deck of cards ( 3 decks in fact: magic, shooting and melee)

I've tested the game this weekend, so i'll explain a bit: its a board game with minis, and you havce several tokens in the bow in case you don't want to get the minis. It doesn't use dice but a deck of cards ( 3 decks in fact: magic, shooting and melee)

I'm glad it's a board game, I'm far more inclined to take a look at it now.

Given the scale of the mini's the board would have to be quite large no?

• 2 weeks later...

ive just recieved the starter box and 3 of the minis.

jack mk4

lord baron mantes

and a cyclomaton

the models are absolutely fantastic...though some finnicky pieces that may be prone to breaking if you arent careful while playing the game.

so far ive just skimmed over the rules and i must say it seems like a pretty fun game.

considering that you only need 2 minis and the box to start it isnt that expensive, something like 100euros. which isnt too bad with the aussie dollar at the moment.