relations between factions

thetang22

I was wondering today about how the various factions view each other on an overall picture. I've read the book, as well as all the other released fiction for this game, but the thing I've noticed is most of the information points to how the factions are related to the Guild, (save for random encounters with other factions such as Rasputina's journey).

How do Arcanists and Ressurectionists view each other?

What is the general relationship between Res and Neverborn?

It just seems we are filled with they are either with the Guild, or else the Guild doesn't like them for X reason. I want to know more about when the Guild isn't involved.

I would imagine the Neverborn view all of the invaders in an equally negative light. Equal opportunity haters if you will.

That is actually the one viewpoint I assumed already, but didn't mention.

The question is...how do arcanists and res feel about neverborn, and how do arc and res view each other? Do they feel they are an organized threat for each other?

As I've mentioned, most stories only mention how the factions as a whole relate to the Guild... I want to see outside that box.

I imagine the ressurectionists and arcanists are ok with each other or atleast on slightly less hostile terms with each other then the guild and well everybody. I could be wrong but to me it always seems like they both have a sortta scientific metality towards thier respected crafts. Not to mention they are both magic so professional respect would make sense. I could be wrong though.

judging from the stories in the book, it seems that there is no real friendly relationships between any of the factions...

sometimes there is professional courtesy at best, but even that is rare to find...

hell, even people that are from the same group in game terms are opposed to each other in the fluff

judging from the stories in the book, it seems that there is no real friendly relationships between any of the factions...

sometimes there is professional courtesy at best, but even that is rare to find...

hell, even people that are from the same group in game terms are opposed to each other in the fluff

That's true I just always imagined that it was more like a you don't bother me I won't bother you situation and kinda a you scratch my back and Ill scratch yours within each individual faction.

I think all the factions have the same basic view of one another: Competition.

The Guild and the M&SU are fighting for economic and political power, while the Ressurectionists are trying to amass materials for their own goals (Seamus in his hunt for The Grave Spirit, Nicodem for his undead army, and McMorning for...science.)

The Neverborn, as the natives of malifaux, want everyone to leave. They're willing to kill for that purpose, and that makes them everyone's enemy.

Anyway, that's how I see the malifaux faction views.