25, 30, 35 ss games

River Song

I read here various size games talked about. In the book there are standards. I see also that most tournament crews are based on 30ss crews.

So why have the 25 ss crews? just because that is usually the box sets size?

Why the 35 ss crews? Just to have a larger build game? More figs? more SS for those sinergy builds that come together at 30 ss?

Thus why then are most if not all tournament crews 30ss

Yes fun is the prime purpose here but when talking better builds it seems most talk 25 ss

I had a chat to one of my minions about this, and here's what he had to say.

:flypig: : Rathnard's only played 25SS games thus far because he's either been learning the game or his opponent has been learning, and 25SS seems to be a nice, modest number of models that almost everyone has. I suspect taking a larger crew would be neither here nor there to him, although I sense a reluctance to try a brawl until he's gotten used to handling the masters he'd be taking.

I'm not sure about synergy. More SS give you more models to play with, but from what I've found that has a very limited effect on how well those models interact.

Most if not all tournament crews are 30ss because most if not all tournament crews are 30ss. As far as I can tell It's just a random number.

Well there you go, my minion has spoken. :D

Edited by Rathnard