Using miniature stat card

PhineusPhule

Just got into the game and purchased the Body Thieves & Legion of Sorrows box sets. My question for other players is what have you found to be the best way to use the stat cards. At first I thought I would just slide them into card sleeves and use a dry erase to track wounds and then I discovered they fold out. I don't want to have to take the cards out of a sleeve every time I want to reference something so I'm considering just laminating them. How do other people play?

This topic has come up a few times... Here and here.

Common consensus is to use bigger sleeves or laminating the cards.

Personally, I scan them such that I have two double-faced cards for each model that will fit in standard pennysleeves (ie Warmachine-sized).

I favour this method because it allows me to update the cards with errata clarifications, and because I can put photos of my own models in the model portrait areas if I want to (this is useful for when you have multiples of certain models - like Hoarcats, Gremlins, Spiders etc and you need to remember which card is which).

• 2 weeks later...

I plan on hot laminating my cards.

This has actually been a gripe with me. The card design. There is a lot of needless information and a lot of space that is being taken up for...what, no idea. The cards are supposed to be a tool for ease of gameplay, not a show piece. I would have much rather preffered a single standard card size.