How long do you take to play a 30SS game?

brucemanning

while my experience is that two experienced players using familiar crews can make a 30ss game last 3+hours !!

maybe because we both play Ress. and therefore things keep getting ressed?

3hrs, yikes, in 3hrs you can get a couple of games in at 30ss, even a 50ss should only take about 2hrs when you have decent experience. 30ss normally takes an hour for experienced and an hour and a half with less experienced.

I have played 25 to 45 SS games and for the most part we can wrap a game in under two hours unless I play my gremlins. Add a half hour if that happens. There are just so many on the board is the only reason though. Normal forces should be able to complete a game under two hours.

Alot less if Ramos deploys badly and the steamborg takes a shot from Seamus and the copycat in the same turn and dies before his second activation. I think that game ended in less than 45 minutes and there was alot of "THAT IS BROKE!!!" going around. I think that is why we have like 5 Seamus players in my LGS and each one has bought the copycat when they got their starter boxes.

I know we take a while, but its a relaxed game not against a clock. mind you Ninelives does have an obligatory ciggy break at end of turn 3.

I am interested on peoples thoughts on whether faction type makes a difference. Ortega alpha strike/2 Viks/other companions etc will move quicker as one crew moves without any time considering implications of other crews activations.

We use Res, and my crew is usually Nico/McM 8/9 strong and Ninielives usually has Seamus and around 6/7. so a lot of minis on the table and that number usually stays around as they keep getting returned to play.

Depends on whether you're all "no chit-chat just game!!" or adopt a more relaxed atmosphere. Typically, I'd say 30SS takes a couple of hours, sometimes more sometimes less, and this is with chit-chatting about stuff during the game (and stopping for drinks/toilet breaks/etc).

Toilet breaks?

Real gamers bring their drinks with them before the game. And, when the bottle is empty, they know how to use it.

About an hour here.