Multiplayer Malifaux...

Wombats

...is really quite good, the missions seem to scale very well and initiative flips work fine.

We often play three player when bringing someone new into the game, lets them find out what more crews do and gives more time for them to watch and learn.

If you haven't tried it yet I'd encourage you to give it a go.

We actually had both opposing Masters the target of Assassinate - just because everyone helps out to avoid having that Master beating on them.

If everyone knows each other's Strategy you can prune the right player.

Our last one ended with three models on the board:

Lilith on 3 health having achieved Assassinate (twice)

Kade 2" away from acheiving Treasure Hunt

A single Piglet only one dead Lilith short of achieving Claim Jump.

And we had our Schemes except for Lilith who failed Kidnap due to Mosquito Farts finishing off Pandora.

Came down to a Skeeter choosing to kill Pandora with Pull My Finger instead of Lilith.

It was pretty chaotic, ended up 4-2-2 but had we finished off Lilith it would have been 2-6-6.

Teddy had a great rampage Regenerating all his damage until Lilith zotted him on Turn 5.

Nice close games.

We played that your strategy was against the player to your left, and your schemes were to your right. Made things very interesting! The guy to my left pulled assassinate, and I killed the target. So we said that if your strategy is completed by another player you get half points for it in the case of slaughter and assassinate (slaughter being based on who killed the last model. If you did, full points and half if your other opponent killed the last model). Seemed to work well and created new challenges.

• 7 months later...