any new fluff to tease us with?

thetang22

Its great that the forums are so active lately...it shows a good deal of support for Wyrd.

...but for those of us who enjoy the hobby and fluff of Wyrd and Malifaux, it feels like we are getting an endless barrage of rules questions, with a couple of paintjobs sprinkled in here and there.

It may just be me, but it feels like its been a while since we've had some fluff previews. Whats going on in the world of Malifaux right now?

I check Phillip Tomber's twitter when I think about it once every month or 2 just to get a big recap on what's been written there....but other than that, its hard to find updates on the stories of Malifaux.

Nathan, is there anything at this point that can be shared?

Someone is reading Phillip's Twitter?

I'll get on his case and make sure he updates more often.

Yeah, thats about the only place to consistently get little tidbits. I enjoy reading the random bits here and there - like describing locations and shops around the city.

It seemed like there used to be more fluff posted on this website, but not so much anymore. It seems the Chronicles are about the only place you can get fluff, and those aren't released very often at all.

I think Nathan mentioned probably 1/2 a year back that he wanted to update the fluff posted in the online store about each character. That never happened. Some characters have no fluff there while others have fluff that isn't very in line with current official fluff. Even taking a couple lines from the rulebook to update their profile would be better than the outdated stuff in there currently.

Things I would like to see are:

- lots more details about the locations around the city. We've heard about a few well-known places now, lets detail some more.

- who are some of the better known (non-character) personalities about the city? There are only a couple recurring characters in the fluff so far that aren't miniature characters.

- events that happen in Malifaux....are there any recurring events that have become popular custom?

Edited by thetang22

man the game is pretty fresh out and the FAQ and errata ate a massive chunk of next step deveopment work... after all the questions leading up to the book release haven't folk yet got used to the stock answer.....

YES there is and always will be more stuff ... There are a very hardy and very very very busy bunch of folk putting stuff together fleshing out creating new and polishing old stuff constantly .. it WILL all come out when it is ready and only when it is 100% ready .....It WILL be more than worth the wait and will happen as soon as is humanly possible ...

relax enjoy and play some games write it down and develop your own fluff with that and let folk know about it ....

time spent prepping and showing teasers is time not spent finishing off new goodies......