Booo Master of Malifaux change

karn987

Ok so the new Master of Malifaux ability at first glance made me kinda annoyed because I bought this master for that ability really.

But after reading the changes to terrain and the removal of blocking terrain, what kind of terrain is a wall then?

I doubt it's anything under what Master of Malifaux covers so she still probably lost the ability to charge through walls, but still.

Edited by karn987

Im not saying she doesnt by any means, I was careful to make sure I didn't say she was bad. I'm just sad to see that ability get modded, it was kinda awesome.

Ah well. I hate having to play by the rules when I must =P More fun to have the models that cheat, but hey, she still cheats pretty well, just not quite all the way.

That really needed to change. I still remember the first time she charged me through a house and I had to read it two more times because in my initial skim through the rulebook I had seen it and assumed it was referring to severe terrain.

That said, I can see what you're saying about spending money on a model and then having it nerfed. Sucks. But at least she's still pretty good.

I sympathize with what Karn's saying. I know Lilith's ability to move through impassable terrain seriously annoyed some of my opponents. But, I liked the fact that she had an improved version of Scout that gave her great flexibility in movement. I think the change hurts more because of the addition of the change in blocking terrain rules that means Illusionary Forest no longer blocks LOS for models on either side of the forest. I tend to play a lot against Perdita and get shot to ribbons most of the time. The Forest that could provide a little extra cover to block LOS for most of Perdita's crew combined with Lilith's movement abilities gave me a better chance of surviving long enough to get into melee.

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining - I'm not. This is my period of initial surprise as I rethink my strategies. Having to do that is not a bad thing, but first I need to let go of some of my old techniques and come up with new ones. I'm sure I'll find new ways to use Lilith that will be fun and allow her to be as dangerous as ever. For now, allow me a brief period for grieving... (shedding a tear)

Ok, now let's battle!

I think the change hurts more because of the addition of the change in blocking terrain rules that means Illusionary Forest no longer blocks LOS for models on either side of the forest.

This is not clear.

The errata says LOS is blocked when more that 3"terrain between models. And says you can draw LOS if you got less than 3". So whats with Liliths forest of exactly 3"?

I would guess you cant draw LoS through it because you need less than 3" to see through it - hers is 3", which is too thick!

Because her Illusionary Terrain is a 3" circle and because you draw LoS from anywhere on your base it is still very possible to draw LoS through her terrain by changing the LoS angle, even by 1mm will get you through the terrain feature making it less then 3". The fact that its a circle with a diameter of 3" means that its going to be impossible to stand behind it without the enemy getting into a position to draw LoS.