Activating totems with Viktorias

assimilation

If you take a totem with the Viktorias (can you do that with their self companion?), is it possible to chain the companion activation. As in, activate sword vik, who is in 6" of gun vik, who is in 6" of the totem.

Would activating sword vik, and companion activating gun vik, allow the totem to activate, or would gun vik have to activate, allowing both to companion off her.

Also, would the totem have to companion to a specific vik, or would that be shared by their sisters ability?

If you take a totem with the Viktorias (can you do that with their self companion?), is it possible to chain the companion activation. As in, activate sword vik, who is in 6" of gun vik, who is in 6" of the totem.

Would activating sword vik, and companion activating gun vik, allow the totem to activate, or would gun vik have to activate, allowing both to companion off her.

Also, would the totem have to companion to a specific vik, or would that be shared by their sisters ability?

I agree with n0signal.

As for your second question: I believe it would have to companion to a specific Victoria. However, as far as I can tell, you could take two totems and link one to each.

You purchase one Master. With that purchase you get two models. Thus you may only purchase one totem.

Well, I assume each Victoria would have the Master trait, right?

The totem entry just says that a totem must be linked to a master when it is hired. Not linked to one master per...purchase of master. The totem entry just doesn't seem to make any prohibitions about buying in bulk.

That said, I'll take your ruling on it because I'm sure you know the intent better than I do (and what you say makes sense anyway) and you know what will be in the FAQ, but the rules as written don't seem to have anything against it, as far as I can tell. (but I could be totally missing something)

The key is here:

“Sisters”: Crews hiring this model as a

Master begin the game with 2 Viktorias. A

Crew can have a maximum of 2 Viktorias in

play at any time.

So you hire a single model. You happen to gain two figures on the table but the game doesn't know that until after the purchase crew step. As you purchase your crew you are only buying one master and as such you may only purchase one Totem.

The key is here:

“Sisters”: Crews hiring this model as a

Master begin the game with 2 Viktorias. A

Crew can have a maximum of 2 Viktorias in

play at any time.

So you hire a single model. You happen to gain two figures on the table but the game doesn't know that until after the purchase crew step. As you purchase your crew you are only buying one master and as such you may only purchase one Totem.

Ah, that makes sense.

So...

...say we have Sword Vik 6" away from Gun Vik and a totem 6" on the opposite side of Gun Vik...

So you have to:

1. Activate Sword Vik first

2. Companion Activate Gun Vik in 6"

3. Companion Activate totem off Gun Vik who is in 6" of the totem

Totem couldn't companion off Sword Vik because she is more than 6" away?

This means if Gun Vik activates first then only Sword Vik or the totem could Companion?

And the totem always has to activate last?

So...

...say we have Sword Vik 6" away from Gun Vik and a totem 6" on the opposite side of Gun Vik...

So you have to:

1. Activate Sword Vik first

2. Companion Activate Gun Vik in 6"

3. Companion Activate totem off Gun Vik who is in 6" of the totem

Totem couldn't companion off Sword Vik because she is more than 6" away?

This means if Gun Vik activates first then only Sword Vik or the totem could Companion?

And the totem always has to activate last?

No.

You can activate all of them simultaneously.

Sword Viktoria -----6"-----Gun Viktoria-----6"-----Totem

As per the simultaneous activation rules, they can all activate. You just have to finish each of their activations before you move on to the next model.

Aha!

So the test for being within 6" happens at the start of that activation step?

So as long as they are within 6" then they can Companion no matter where they end up?

And if I moved a previously out of range Vik within 6" range of the totem, it then couldn't immediately gain Companion and activate in the same activation step as the Viktoria moved into range?

Pardon the incessant questions, this has a lot of repercussions for Ramos' Linked In and Brass Arachnid.

• 3 weeks later...