Bishop = Amazing

ATG

So i was playing a 25 pt game today vs. Guild and my list was as follows:

Vikotrias

Johan

Gunslinger

Bishop

The entire game Bishop proved to be the bane of my opponent and I enjoyed every minute of it, and in the end the game was won by the outcasts!! Just wanted to open this to anyone wanting to rave about success with Bishop or any other game winning models!!

Ah the irony - i think Bishop is THE worst of the mercs available. But then again, its all about play style... he is far too slow for my liking and the adaptive fighter vs cage fighter plus a high cost tips the scales to a no vote for me...

Taelor on the other hand is the bomb!

Ah the irony - i think Bishop is THE worst of the mercs available. But then again, its all about play style... he is far too slow for my liking and the adaptive fighter vs cage fighter plus a high cost tips the scales to a no vote for me...

Taelor on the other hand is the bomb!

Too slow? He moves 11" a turn with a walk/one action charge. However, I do agree on the adaptive/cage fighter which really limits him alot. I also think he doesn't have the damage output to compete with units his cost.

The best Bishop strategy I've seen is using Mask as his suit and just Toss them and Charge them, and with Study Opponent you're getting +2 flips for damage on the charge. Not bad considering you're moving them 6" in your choice of direction. And Leap away/Riposte is helpful too.

His amazing variety of triggers seems to make him potentially great no matter what card you flip, you could always cheat if you need a diferent result, but coming from a crew (Nico) with very few triggers, it seems like paydirt.

Have played against him a couple of times and he seems quite solid - maybe as the scene develops and people get larger crews to pick from (due to releases/purchases/confidence in proxying etc) then there may be other better value melee troops being seen.

I think the rolling stones said it best

"You can't always get what you want but if you try some times, you might find, you get what you need"

Bishop can use any suit but it isn't always what you want. His versatile raises his price a lot but he has been very hit or miss for me. He has been the VIP of my games in some instances and in other cases he has been a 10+ point lead balloon.

I can see some real utility coming out of Bishop as we begin understanding what the opposing crew needs to function...

...plus being able to Toss something back to Taelor or the Viktorias basically increases their charge range.

He is the one Outcast model that has a lot of opportunity for synergy - they are all a good deal for their points but unlike other faction crews they don't always play to each other's strengths...Bishop can, though.

I think the rolling stones said it best

"You can't always get what you want but if you try some times, you might find, you get what you need"

Bishop can use any suit but it isn't always what you want. His versatile raises his price a lot but he has been very hit or miss for me. He has been the VIP of my games in some instances and in other cases he has been a 10+ point lead balloon.

The Stones and Led Zeppelin in one post. Nilus wins this thread.

looking at Bishops details after reading this thread, can anyone answer this..

one of his def triggers needs 2 suits (tomes/masks iirc), he can get one from adaptive fighter and the other from his card flip. fine so far, however the result of the trigger says that something happens for each of the tomes/masks in the result.

How can this ever be anything other than 2, one of each?

yeah, disarm, sorry didnt have book when I posted earlier.

my point is, that for the trigger to happen, he must get both suits; he cannot ever have any more than one card in the draw as he cant use ss; so why not just say it makes the opposition discard 2 cards, rather than '1 per suit etc etc'?

I've already said enough about him in the tactica thread. However - few things I need to highlight. One - his damage throughput isnt the point. You play him with Viktoria for christ sake - have you seen how much damage she does? Put things that you're worried about hurting her in combat with him, and they'll never touch her.

Just, when looking at him - bare in mind his purpose. He's a toolbox, not a killing machine.

EDIT: Actually, if I can make one, singular complaint about him. It would be his melee range - something about chainfighter suggests to me a whip like style of fighting, so a minimum of at least 2'' would seem appropriate. Although I wouldent presume that I'm the first to have thought that, and imagine at some point he was tested with that. The thought of him actually possessing a bit of reach sounds compleatly busted in all honesty. Despite how much I'd love it :P

Edited by Omadon

I still do not see how he is worth 10SS. I 1 turned him with lilith with little effort.

If adaptive fighter was an inbuilt skill i would say he might be worth it. As it stands, you pick if you want to choose the trigger OR modify his Def etc. If he does not activate first, its even worse since your stuck with def 6 and no stance against generally faster enemies...

I will try him again - as you guys have given me new hope for him - but i am not holding my breath...

I still do not see how he is worth 10SS. I 1 turned him with lilith with little effort.

If adaptive fighter was an inbuilt skill i would say he might be worth it. As it stands, you pick if you want to choose the trigger OR modify his Def etc. If he does not activate first, its even worse since your stuck with def 6 and no stance against generally faster enemies...

I will try him again - as you guys have given me new hope for him - but i am not holding my breath...

A clear charge from Lilith will break just about anything - but consider what he does to the rest of your shit. Did whoever you were playing against use him to paralyze any mature nephilem? Did they adequatley hide him behind enemy models? Or did they just put him out there for her to run at - I'm aware she ignores terrain, but she doesnt ignore models, and at the very least a caged for defence Bishop can make her burn through stones like candy.

That said - pitching any model against a master is usually a bad idea, masters have access to stats that most defensive abilitys can't hope to beat. Put him up against other models in his price range. If Killjoy doesnt get the charge - he spends the game paralyzed. Mature Nephilem/Desolation Engines/Warpigs can't lay a finger on 8DEF backed by a decent hand. He's brilliant for locking up ranged characters - a 12 inch threat range is more often than not good enough to engage them if they can engage you, then he either slow them or reposition them somewhere more faveourable/toss snipers out of roosts.

Furthermore - if you do insist on putting him against masters, he's one of the few models that can be on +flips against ressurectionist masters, he can put himself on 10CB for dealing with people like Perdita/Lilith - with a spot of preperation, he can be on a minimum of +2 flips against damn near anybody, and unless you flip terribly, he'll hit anything that doesnt use a soulstone. If he gets a Mask - he can throw something and use his second AP to charge it again.

Right, since writing the rest of this, I've had to deal with a floor full of screaming kids playing 40K, and have thus since lost my train of thought, I think I've said enough though to adequatley convey my oppinion on the matter :P

• 2 weeks later...

You did not want to see him when this was not a (0). Trust me. Viktorias, Bishop, and Taelor was all you'd need to bust just about anyone. The (0) is vital to balance.