Closed threads

No point leaving an answered topic open.

Sometimes those answered topics have their answer spelled out right in the book, but the reason the topic was open was that the official wording on it was a bit confusing for someone. There is every bit the possibility that when a marshal comes on here their new official rewording may not be any more clear for that someone, or it might now make it confusing for someone else. There is no harm in asking further questions about the ruling....hence why Peterdita's opinion may be justified.

(I can see the reason for closing them as well....but there is another side to the story)

With all do respect, I think its a bit of rubbish to close something after a Marshal answers what they think is the point of a question in a post.

So what if there's arguements and further discusion? Isn't this a forum? Marshals have been tagged with an identifying icon to eliminate any confusion in official rulings, so I guess I don't exactly understand that justification either...

...But then again I'm not all over the rules section of the boards and have no clue the volume of stuff you guys are trying to answer and work though. So maybe it makes sense and it is actually helping things run smoother, IDK. This place has blown up in the past year so maybe its a step in the right direction. I do however really appreciate the Marshals running around and helping people figure out the awesomeness that is Malifaux.

I've said my peace :)

Keep in mind that you can always reopen a new thread with a more difined question.

These guys have a tough job. The locking of threads does help keep things organized and it helps the back end when trying to actually collect all of these answers for the FAQ and the like.

So, multiple reasons to do it. Yes there are reasons to not do it but it makes it a lot harder for the folks involved with trying to make all this run smoothly to keep things organized. (The first read through of the rules forum took upwards of 120 hours largely because nothing was locked out so everything needed a look)

Again, if something isn't answered to your satisfaction, then by all means PM a marshal or restart the topic with and ask specifically what you don't understand.

DON'T just re-ask the question. That's a great way to get yourself in trouble. :D

This is a really good decision.

If you want to discuss the tactical repercussions, just post a thread in the appropriate Faction forum.

I really appreciate not having to trawl through pages of woffle sorting out conjecture from Marshall posts.

Law enforcement is For The Greater Good.