What to add to McMourning

beowulfthehunter

I've been trying to get into McMourning but when I look at the units for the Resurrectionists I just kinda sigh. This thread gave me pretty decent insight so I've kinda figured out what I want to do.

I'm going to test a 30SS list that is McM, 2 Nurses and 6 Necropunks, and a Chihuahua tonight anybody have any thoughts on a list like this? 8 units at 30SS is pretty good IMO for strategies and schemes.

Godspeed,

He's taking Necropunks, not Punk Zombies. At 3 pts, I'd consider using them as a nurse missile. Personally, I wouldn't consider it too hard. The puppies seem ripe for me since they are easily made on the fly for that purpose.

I'd NEVER consider using the Punk Zombies for something like that...that's just silly.

I used Punk Zombies for the first time last night and they were awesome! Paired Katanas at combat 7 is sweet. I did have one that only had 1 wound left, so I hit him with stimulant and painkellers to make him combat 11 unkillable. The effects were a bit overkill ;)

The Zombie Chihuahua is a must. Get the stick is great, kept me with plenty of parts. My only problem is not having enough extra models for Monsterous Creation. A second Flesh Construct waiting in the wings is a definite must.

I tried Bete Noire for the first time, but that was a bit much also learning Punk Zombies. I couldn't remember her rules and didn't get much use out of her. Sadly she died from Black Blood before I got to do much with her. And I didn't have the card for One with the Night. *Mental note: Learn one new mini at a time!

I used Punk Zombies for the first time last night and they were awesome! Paired Katanas at combat 7 is sweet. I did have one that only had 1 wound left, so I hit him with stimulant and painkellers to make him combat 11 unkillable. The effects were a bit overkill ;)

The Zombie Chihuahua is a must. Get the stick is great, kept me with plenty of parts. My only problem is not having enough extra models for Monsterous Creation. A second Flesh Construct waiting in the wings is a definite must.

I tried Bete Noire for the first time, but that was a bit much also learning Punk Zombies. I couldn't remember her rules and didn't get much use out of her. Sadly she died from Black Blood before I got to do much with her. And I didn't have the card for One with the Night. *Mental note: Learn one new mini at a time!

Yes the Zombies are amazing.

The Chihuaua is quite nice. First turn I usually use Sebastion to make 2 counters then grab the stick twice. Second turn, Make 2 more, grab one, sac self, Monstrous Creation turn 2 without using Stones for body parts.

As far as Bete goes, not a huge fan. I own here, and see her uses, but her damage output is not not high enough for a 9 pt model with 4 wounds. Yeh she can come back, but that burns a high card. She is fun and has her uses, for sure, but right now, not my flavour of the month I guess.

Used this crew to good effect last night

McM

Chiauaua 1

Seb 6

Canine 2

3 Necropunks 9

Convict Gunslinger 6

Zombie 5

3 body parts with McM

29ss leaving 4 stones on McM in a 30pt game

Managed to create 3 Flesh Constructs in 6 turns - deadly

Wiped the floor with RedChapel Crew + 2 zombies, but we got some rules wrong on Wp and Constructs, so maybe not so powerful, but still a step up from my usual efforts with Nico.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...