Getting the best out of the Executioner

Peoples Champ

Never thought about stuffing him in a box!

I usuaully use him as a bullet magnet and just run at them (trying to use cover if possible). The efforts put into killing him usually means everything else gets a couple rounds free of attention early on. This usually means my marshalls are picking off the enemy.

Running everything up in the 1st turn helps too, as it puts enough potential threats out there that they can't really focus on just one without taking retribution from the others. In many ways I count on the ranged threats my masrhals pose to make the opponent reconsider trying to drop enough shots into the executioner. If that doesn't work, it means I have 3 cherry mashals, judge and Justice in their face.

True but both Seamus and So'mer tooth rules are specifically written that way and therefore it is the way the rules are intended.

Obviously to the letter of the rule, the tactic can be done and im not arguing that!

The pinebox is obviously intended to be used as a weapon - the target model needs to pass a WP (why if it is a friendly spell?), and is designed to remove enemy models from play - I very much doubt it was wyrds intential to use the death marshalls as people carriers....:D

Plus the 'fluff' stats there are a weapon, a magical holding cell used to inflict horrible visions upon the prisoner. ;)

The pinebox is obviously intended to be used as a weapon - the target model needs to pass a WP (why if it is a friendly spell?), and is designed to remove enemy models from play - I very much doubt it was wyrds intential to use the death marshalls as people carriers

You can always cast spells against friendlies and they always get to resist - i am happy to incite/pacify with pandora on my own woes to get the free push but i still need to flip and cheat against myself.

I agree that in terms of 'fluff' its not right. In terms of the mechanics and RAW - its acceptable and legal.

:lol:

Yup! Plus Lady J is blind so she can't SEE anything in the box!

Its one of those things where you walk the fine line of fun vs win. Thing is though - every faction has something like this...

EG. -

Mcmourning or nicodem using 1 or 2 two point canines to make a 7pt flesh construct

Levictus using blessings of desolation on a punk zombie and the zombie killing a canine for a SBA

Pandora using Incite/pacify on her own models after they have activated so she gets free pushes

I am sure i could think of more...

• 6 months later...