How can I make the Arcanists work?

mbowsher76

I think I am going to go back to Guild....I don't mind thinking and working on strategies......but I just can't make these guys work for me. Part of it is my playing style...I like to be in your face or blasting you from a distance while something closes in to get in your face....Arcanists don't do that too well.

I think I am going to go back to Guild....I don't mind thinking and working on strategies......but I just can't make these guys work for me. Part of it is my playing style...I like to be in your face or blasting you from a distance while something closes in to get in your face....Arcanists don't do that too well.

And that's fine... Arcanists do require more finesse to play well than the Guild. To each his own. :)

(But man its such a satisfying experience when you can get the Arcanists to work... :D)

Well after more thought and a few more games, Ramos and Marcus are really starting to make a bit more sense for me. I am starting to get a better feel for where they should be and what they should be doing. Marcus plays to my in your face style more than the others obviously and Ramos has just a fun dynamic (especially with that non-resistable auto damage!).

So...I have decided to stay on and continue to learn how to make these guys work for me!

Heh, I'm a budding Arcanist in my LGS and reading this has really helped solidify (and in one case, justify) the stratigies I used in my only two games to date. My first was a mixed list 'Tina where I used the Cerberus to get my sabotages off early, two gaimin to mess people up up close and provide a platform for 'Tina, the gunslinger to... sling bullets... and an arachnid to fill the team (didn't have the totem at the time and wanted an extra activation, it really helped when everyone else (4-way ffa) had 5 models on the table and I could burn the spiders first turn). 'Tina's (0) cost spell that automatically triggers the "do it again" trigger saved the day, nearly killing an executioner in the span of (0).

My second game was a big 25ss each 3v3, where I ran Ramos, the 'Borg, a swarm and two baby spiders and used Ramos as a spider factory the whole game. Making the game 75ss vs 87ss (probably more with Levidicus' help) by turn 4 really helped our Ramos/Pandora/Leveticus team even up to the entire Guild across relatively open (if "bogged" down and severe terrained) board, and the spiders had a huge movement advantage by ignoring the bog effect.

Tomorrow is a by-the-box 25ss tourney and I was planning on running Tina again, trying to get to know her better.