Rasputina fluff questions.

mbowsher76

In the main book, there is a part where someone is talking about Rasputina (Marcus and Ramos?) and they mention she is from the guild poster wanted for drowning her own daughter.

Did I read that right, did Rasputina kill her own child? I know it is just fluff, but I find it a bit disturbing. Will there be more information regarding that?

In the main book, there is a part where someone is talking about Rasputina (Marcus and Ramos?) and they mention she is from the guild poster wanted for drowning her own daughter.

Did I read that right, did Rasputina kill her own child? I know it is just fluff, but I find it a bit disturbing. Will there be more information regarding that?

This is Malifaux remember, even the seemingly nice Master who works for an eldrich abomination and wants to bring about a perpetual ice-age has a few skeletons in her closet.

My take on it was that she was convicted of that particular crime earthside, and sentenced to "transportation".

Fun fact -- In Victorian England, you could be hanged for a crime at age 5, but not transported to Australia for a crime until you were 8.

Interesting fact.

I'm kind of curious what they would hang kids that age over - thievery?

And then we can speculate that Seamus will inherit a portion of the Death-Spirits power...

What I would like to read is the story how she pacted with December in the first place (sacrificing her child?), since WC3 did give us a story that led up to the events in the main rulebook.

Also the more mature outline of Malifaux' stories doesn't bother me a bit. It's not a game that aims for mainstream-popularity and sacrifices cool fluff and models for it (like Helldorado), so one should be prepared for more horrific stories then usual.