Step by step paint along with Ritual

Darklord

Nathan/Eric - hope this is ok to put up here?

Over at wamp we are going to be running a group tutorial with Ritual, so i thought i would post here for anyone that may be interested in participating:

Ritual (Anders Eklund) is one of Wyrd's studio painters and a gold medal winner at World Expo so its a great chance to learn from a top painter

This is the first of what i hope will be many 'paint along' tutorials.

Many of you wanted a group project to work through together so i have taken that concept a little further.

So heres how it works:

Anders had kindly agreed to lead this process. He will paint up parts of the mini and show us how he did - you can then go and repeat the process on your own copy of that mini. Then there will be another step and so on. As everyone is doing the same mini with the same process it gives us a great opportunity to see how we are doing and where we may be going wrong.

The mini Anders has chosen is Sebastian , the morgue assistant from Wyrd miniatures

sebastian-store.jpg

Anders actually painted the studio version you see before you.

So if you want to take part you will need a copy of Sebastian all cleaned and ready to go.

We will be giving some time for you to order and get these but if you intend working along then let us know. The more people the better

Let me just point out that I intend to paint the second version quite differently than the one you see above. Thus, you will get two sources of inspiration, although just one where you'll get step-by-step guidance. If anyone wishes to do something differently, I will try my best to give what guidance I can anyway. The second version will have regular metallics instead of NMM, but my metallics technique is in many ways very similar to how you'd paint NMM, so you can follow the same basic procedures using non-metallic paints.

Ritual

To participate just goto:

http://wamp-forum.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=33417#33417

you need to be a wamp member but its free to join