Soulstone Counters - The Real McCoy

Angus Khan

After seeing all of the creative things people have been using as soulstone counters, I realized that the only thing no one had made yet were some actual soulstones. In order to rectify this, I put it upon myself to create some counters which actually looked something like what they represent. Here is the what I came up with:

soulstonescomparison.jpg

I made these in about 3 hours, while watching "My Cousin Vinny." (A hilarious movie... if you haven't seen it, you should.) Construction is simply some insulation foam carved into a gem shape then painted green with some white added for highlights.

Enjoy! :D

EDIT: Changed the pic to show scale. Since they are intended as counters, I made them a little large so they could be easily handled. (They could be made smaller if desired, however)

Edited by Angus Khan

OK everyone... I added Ramos and a 6 inch ruler to the pic for scale. (Sorry about that oversight...)

The counters may seem large, but I wanted them to be easily handled. If desired, they could be made smaller, though.

@ AOM: I started with 1/2 inch thick insulation foam, however you could really use any thickness.

Edited by Angus Khan

If you don't want to carve your own, I saw something similar at the dollar store.

I had originally planned on buying some of those, but I couldn't find them anywhere... so I eventually just used some spare foam and made my own. If you can find a store that sells them, though, they would certainly fit the bill. :D

Edited by Angus Khan

I think I am gonna start using Skittles or M&Ms as my soul stones. That way when I use one I eat it. Actually...that may not be a good idea...I may end up spending stones for the heck of it so I can eat them.

Way back when I was playing the Jyhad card game, we used a bag of red hots as counters. This was probably one of our worst ideas ever.

I had originally planned on buying some of those, but I couldn't find them anywhere... so I eventually just used some spare foam and made my own. If you can find a store that sells them, though, they would certainly fit the bill. :D

We stock them (all be it under the Sphere Wars name) link

Of course, I guess you will be in the US and we're in the UK, but hey, at least we got them. :cheer2:

free shipping too for orders over £10. :vb_devil: