Fun (if not always practical) combos

Jolli_Da_awesome

I figure, why not? Let's start posting some fun combos (even if no practical or particularly powerful) that the guild can do.

One I'm liking so far is Taelor (merc) and Sonnia). Set up a Flame Wall 1.5" - 2" behind an enemy, and then have taelor knock them back into it. They take 3 damage from touching the wall, and then another 3 when they activate in it.

Convict Gunslinger and Samuel. Supressing fire and Snare are amazing together, as it either forces models (easily two if they are less than the base size of snare away from each other) to give up lots of control cards, or AP.

Those are just my two fav so far... post more!!

One I'm liking so far is Taelor (merc) and Sonnia). Set up a Flame Wall 1.5" - 2" behind an enemy, and then have taelor knock them back into it. They take 3 damage from touching the wall, and then another 3 when they activate in it.

In that vein...

Flame Wall + Francisco. If you can get someone into the wall, use Menace to keep them there for ALL their actions.

Flame Wall + Peacekeeper. Drag them into the wall. Maybe then you want to use Francisco to keep them there?

Flame Wall + Death Marshals. Put them 1" from the wall. If an enemy escapes the Pine Box, drop them in the Fire. This depends on who places the escaped model though, the rule isn't clear on that.

Basically if you have anything that can push people into the wall then consider adding Francisco to that combo for extra burning :)

On thing I point out to people play Perdita(and Zoriada). Don't forget you can use the obey spell on any non-master model including your own. This is especially nice with the Ortega's Companion ability. Activate Perdita and Fransisco using companion and Fransisco go first and move twice. Then activate Perdita and cast obey on him and have him charge the closest model. You can essentially give someone like Fransisco a 17 inch charge range. And Perdiate then still has 2 AP left to do other fun stuff(like move, shoot, cast obey again on someone else)

Also works well with Nino. Have him go first, cast in my sights(which lasts till he casts it again or moves) and fire twice. Then activate Perdita(assuming of course within 6 inchs for companion) and then have her cast obey on him 3 times.

Correct me if I am wrong... but when you call for Companion, you finish activating that model first before moving on to the "Companioned" model. So as as example...

Perdita: Activates

- 1: Announces Companion with Nino

- 2: Casts 'Obey' on Fransisco

- 3: Fransisco performs a single 1 Action (not being able to charge then)

- 4: Perdita has 1 general AP and +1 Fast AP remaining and must use those or Pass

Fransisco: Now that Perdita has completed her activation, Fransisco may take his activation as normal.

Edited by Pensfan

Correct me if I am wrong... but when you call for Companion, you finish activating that model first before moving on to the "Companioned" model. So as as example...

Perdita: Activates

- 1: Announces Companion with Nino

- 2: Casts 'Obey' on Fransisco

- 3: Fransisco performs a single 1 Action (not being able to charge then)

- 4: Perdita has 1 general AP and +1 Fast AP remaining and must use those or Pass

Fransisco: Now that Perdita has completed her activation, Fransisco may take his activation as normal.

You could also activate Fransisco first, then use Perdita's obey to let him charge.

oooh.. just remembered that... Obey gives you 1 AP or a Charge.

In that case... Perdita activates and casts Obey on Fransisco. Fransisco Charges, resolves attack. Perdita then has 1 general AP and +1 Fast AP remaining and must use those or Pass.

NOW Fransisco activates and can use Flurry as well for 3 Attacks... 4 Attacks total this turn.

muahahahahaha

On another note, does Perdita have Companion as well? It is not on the book or the cards, and not in the errata.

She does not, but in essence the way companion works she doesn't really need it. She has the Family trait so anyone else with companion(family) can activate with her and every other person with the family trait has it.

The only time it would matter is if in the future there is another Ortega with the family trait but not companion. That might be a why they didn't give it to her actually.

Assuming I've got a proper handle on the rules, a Witchling makes a great little target for Sonia's Flame Burst. Run the Witchling so he's within 2" of as many models as possible (in the game I played last night, I had him within 2" of Madame Sybelle, a Rotten Belle and a Mindless Zombie, and only about 2.5" from Nicodem), then lob two Flame Bursts at him. He can choose to fail the resist duel, so the spell automatically hits him. Ideally, cheat fate so that the blast does Severe damage. If you can do that, the first spell will cause 3 damage to the Witchling and anyone the blast templates touch. The second will do the same, and kill the Witchling, causing his Immolating Demise to go off for another 2 damage. If you're lucky, 8 damage to multiple targets in just two activations! Also handy against those pesky Hard to Wound undead...

If I understand correctly, Flame Burst is not a ranged attack spell, and so it makes no difference if the Witchling is in melee or not.

• 2 weeks later...

first turn fun!

Move witchling twice. Shoot whitchling with a death marshal for 5 damage, no more no less. Move Sonnia twice and cast (I do not remember the name) that summons a new witchling stalker within 6 inches. The witchling should die and you summon a new (full health, but slow) witchling. Move new witchling again. You now have a full health witchling 18 inches away from your deployment zone.

Assuming I've got a proper handle on the rules, a Witchling makes a great little target for Sonia's Flame Burst. Run the Witchling so he's within 2" of as many models as possible (in the game I played last night, I had him within 2" of Madame Sybelle, a Rotten Belle and a Mindless Zombie, and only about 2.5" from Nicodem), then lob two Flame Bursts at him. He can choose to fail the resist duel, so the spell automatically hits him. Ideally, cheat fate so that the blast does Severe damage. If you can do that, the first spell will cause 3 damage to the Witchling and anyone the blast templates touch. The second will do the same, and kill the Witchling, causing his Immolating Demise to go off for another 2 damage. If you're lucky, 8 damage to multiple targets in just two activations! Also handy against those pesky Hard to Wound undead...

If I understand correctly, Flame Burst is not a ranged attack spell, and so it makes no difference if the Witchling is in melee or not.

actually, you DO need to resist the spell, as it is resisted by df, not Wd (and the jury is out on what exactly happens with damaging spells that affect Wp when your minon chooses not to resist), but just cheat in a low card, and it will go off spectacularly!

first turn fun!

Move witchling twice. Shoot whitchling with a death marshal for 5 damage, no more no less. Move Sonnia twice and cast (I do not remember the name) that summons a new witchling stalker within 6 inches. The witchling should die and you summon a new (full health, but slow) witchling. Move new witchling again. You now have a full health witchling 18 inches away from your deployment zone.

yes, but that witchling WILL be slow during the summoning round.