Limited Gremlin still available?

blkdymnd

This was not a Gencon-only or Limited number of castings offer, but rather an ongoing thing. The Gremlinette will only end when it's replaced with another special edition miniature of some other sculpt. While it is not set, we except it will change about every 6 months, so we can unveil something new at Gencon each year :D

I'm keeping my Gremlin from Gencon as trade-bait. While I think the model is fun, I don't plan to use it any time soon, if ever. I'm gonna wait until a special edition comes around that I will use, then hope to set up a trade with somebody who wants the Gremlin that missed out on it but has whatever special edition I'm looking for.

I'm keeping my Gremlin from Gencon as trade-bait. While I think the model is fun, I don't plan to use it any time soon, if ever. I'm gonna wait until a special edition comes around that I will use, then hope to set up a trade with somebody who wants the Gremlin that missed out on it but has whatever special edition I'm looking for.

That's exactly what i'm doing. I have a feeling I will want the next model more than the Gremlin and won't need $100 in product at that time.

The problem with this is, it is taking money away from our FLGS as a few of us have pooled together resources for one larger order directly from Wyrd rather than buying stock off their shelves.

Oh well, they still sell plenty :)

This brings up a good point.

@ Nathan/Eric - Have you guys encountered any strife from retailers on selling your product directly (let alone offering an incentive for large purchases)?

My locals aren't selling. Not completely sure I understand that. Stepping into a new game isn't cheap for them but I gota believe at wholesale it's not that expensive either. I've asked, they've said no. They've offered to special order specifics. I figured "If I'm gonna wait either way, why not have them delivered to my home..." Not to mention get the special mini.

We've done web orders for four years, essentially how we've existed and expanded to get to this point (besides lots of time and personal funds as well, but that's a given). I don't see stopping that any time soon unless demand for Malifaux goes onto a large enough scale where it can be found in each and every game store and that it isn't a serious difficulty for folks to get their hands on Wyrd product.

To date I've not heard any complaints and I have made it abundantly clear that supporting the FLGS is a big plus to us which we hope to do ourselves in a more overt nature in the future with supporting painting contests, tourneys, etc.

Edited by Nathan Caroland

Hi there.

One question about this... What about the partners of Wyrd?

In October here in germany is a very big toy fair (Spielemesse Essen) and I already worked out my "have to buy"-list which would easily reach the 100 $. If I buy those items at say, Kraken Editions (who are an official distributor), do they also have a gremlinette for me?

Edited by Andarion

Is it possible to give gamers or FLGS access to the bonus model if they send in a reciept of a $100 order? Just and idea, one I bet the FLGS would like to support.

This woudl be great as I bought at least 4 different faction boxes, a deck, and the book at my FLGS. Only downside is I did not buy any of it at the same time and have lost all but one of the receipts. And right now I cannot find 100 bucks worth of minis I need or want :bawling:

I just hope the $100 requirement is not going to remain in place for each new special miniature. I would think that the small scale of the game simply makes getting a $100 order together difficult, especially once one has the made the necessary purchases for start up. I suppose that one could time large scale collection expansions when special models are released, but this would limit a person's crew choices significantly between these releases, especially if a person only seeks to hit the $100 mark for the special mini.