Some consumer feedback

hannibal

So I just got into the game, picking up the Viktorias box set, the Ramos box set, and the Hans sniper model.

The accolade: very nice minis. Well sculpted and very characterful.

The gripe: in the future, could you guys not do itty-bitty bit parts?

For example, the arachnids were a colossal hassle to assemble. Those tiny legs almost broke in cutting them off the metal tabs, and didn't fit into the holes. they're just too spindly.

On Hans: that arm like that is as 'fiddly' as I'd go because it needed to be pinned.

Viktoria: I hate when models have bits that connect at the hand. Especially when they have a weapon coming off them. That just screams "the lever principle is gonna pop me right off the first time this model snags on some terrain." And those hands are so delicate that pinning them was just a hassle.

So, going forward with new miniature design, could you guys avoid having the models connect with these spindly little bits like that? Please?

Quote Draykin:

I had the same problem with the Samurai Zombies. The thing is that its realy hard to get the great character in the minis without the fiddly bits. Its got to be a bit of each. You want the great character you have to have some of the fiddlys.

I think the Hans model is just right. It's fiddly but its the whole arm, so you can pin it. I had to pin each of the viktoria hands for the paired masamune model and I simply ended up trashing them.

Considering the Viktoria and Spiders were our first and ... fifth if I recall correctly, models we ever made, then yup, we heard the consumer gripe and have made our miniatures much easier to go together these days.

Much thanks on that front.

There's an old trick past down through the ages, from my fathers fathers father, to my fathers father...........etc

when something's too small to pin (I play Infinity so get a lot of that!), take a tiny blob of modelling putty, glue it to the area (we'll say Viktoria's arm), then glue the other part on (her sword hand). Then pull them apart so the putty get "ripped" and glue those parts back together. The combination of the glue and modelling putty plus the extra surface area created by the putty ensures a really strong bond. Just make sure to either remove excess putty poking out the join or, for added strength, sculpt it into a rudimentary bangle or armband. That's what I do and it works a treat.

There's an old trick past down through the ages, from my fathers fathers father, to my fathers father...........etc

when something's too small to pin (I play Infinity so get a lot of that!), take a tiny blob of modelling putty, glue it to the area (we'll say Viktoria's arm), then glue the other part on (her sword hand). Then pull them apart so the putty get "ripped" and glue those parts back together. The combination of the glue and modelling putty plus the extra surface area created by the putty ensures a really strong bond. Just make sure to either remove excess putty poking out the join or, for added strength, sculpt it into a rudimentary bangle or armband. That's what I do and it works a treat.

This ^

Works perfect every time!

:)

My only complaint is a very minor one... Scale of models within the same line.

In my Ortega boxset, you seem to have three scales of figs. Fransisco and Nino are the smallest, Loco and Perdita are normal, and Santiago is flippin' huge!

However... that is a minor issue in the grand scheme of things.

;)

My only complaint is a very minor one... Scale of models within the same line.

In my Ortega boxset, you seem to have three scales of figs. Fransisco and Nino are the smallest, Loco and Perdita are normal, and Santiago is flippin' huge!

However... that is a minor issue in the grand scheme of things.

;)

Actually all of the Ortegas were sculpted at the same time by the same sculptor. Francisco and Nino and the runts of the litter, and Santiago is supposed to be a monster.

when something's too small to pin
Other than the little arials on the Infinity models, this doesn't ever exist. Staples are pretty damned tiny, and they make great pins for things like Viktoria's hands and such. And if you get those little arials, just drill the dent a bit deeper and glue like normal. the hole will hold much better than the dent.