Knight Models Previews

I've got the 5 Marvel figs released so far. The fit on the first two Iron Man and Punisher is amazing and they're fantastic. Wave two of Wolverine, Hulk, and Thor a little less so. The fit on the Hulk is down right dissapointing actually. Still AMAZING quality of models when you have them in the hand. Thor is over the top good!

Can't wait for these guys. Cap A is my favorite. Though over on Cool Mini there was a tad of Cap bashing. What's with people? Cap A helped beat the Nazi'a guys! Let's show him some love. If you don't buy the Cap A model I think it's a tacit endorsement for the Red Skull and his neo-nazi regime actually.

I have always really wanted to have some real Star Wars figs to paint. But painting in that scale does scare the hell outta me. Not to mention it is pricey. I guess I'll have to see what other characters they do, as I might end up jumping into the deep end of the pool for these.

I have always really wanted to have some real Star Wars figs to paint. But painting in that scale does scare the hell outta me. Not to mention it is pricey. I guess I'll have to see what other characters they do, as I might end up jumping into the deep end of the pool for these.

There wasa super cool preview of Han Solo in the Cantina lounging at the table where he shot greedo thumbing his blaster. This range is sweet!

I agree about the scale.....It's a much different set of skills to paint larger sculpts. Not that smaller scale painters can't handle it, but it does require a different approach.

• 2 weeks later...

@ Ritual - Star Wars??? Don't get Marvel??? :thsigns05:angryfire

Sorry, but no, I don't get the thing with Marvel. It seems that as the super heroes acquire their utterly bizarre abilities they also lose their sense of style completely. Spandex body suits, capes, masks etc. in garish colours... what's the deal with that?

Sorry, but no, I don't get the thing with Marvel. It seems that as the super heroes acquire their utterly bizarre abilities they also lose their sense of style completely. Spandex body suits, capes, masks etc. in garish colours... what's the deal with that?

Sheeesh, so much for friendship. ;)

Trust me, spandex is the most comfortable clothing ever!

To me, the fascination with super heroes is one of life's great mysteries! :D

I understand. :tongue1: I feel the same way about those who are fascinated with Star Wars... :P:

I can't defend Marvel to heavily - my preferred super hero universe is DC- my favorite "superhero" is Batman. He's just a really pissed off regular guy.

my preferred super hero universe is DC- my favorite "superhero" is Batman. He's just a really pissed off regular guy.

Yeah, that's the reason I can appreciate some of the Batman stories, at least the darker ones.

I am by no means a fanatic Star Wars fan, but I do enjoy the first three films (episodes 4-6). I think the characters and the design are pretty good (except for some of the more spaced out creatures that are there to give the whole thing some sort of outer space credibility) when seen in the context of what these films are: pure entertainment. I could see myself painting the occasional Star Wars model from Knight Models, but I wouldn't collect them or anything.

I personally don't care at all about Marvel and the whole superhero thing. I do think the movies and games are enjoyable, but that's it. My favorite comic (obviously, with my forumname) is Spawn. Just love the initial story and the situation Spawn is in. Great characters and the whole darkness and grittyness in combination with Capullo's drawing makes it my favorite. Must say I haven't read a Spawn comic in almost 10 years though. The last comic I read was the Dark Tower comic...it was nice with really cool painting and computer editing.

My favorite comic (obviously, with my forumname) is Spawn. Just love the initial story and the situation Spawn is in. Great characters and the whole darkness and grittyness in combination with Capullo's drawing makes it my favorite. Must say I haven't read a Spawn comic in almost 10 years though. The last comic I read was the Dark Tower comic...it was nice with really cool painting and computer editing.

The Dark Tower comics are really beautiful...as for Spawn, it's popularity began waning in the mid 2000's. With McFarlane no longer really having a hand in the production, and his loss of rights to Angela, Cogliostro & Medieval Spawn, it just kind of died on the vine. Very inconsistent release schedules, wierd choices of guest artists, yada, yada, yada. It's a shame - that comic was rockin' at the start. That was the era I first became interested in comics.

@ Ritual - I'm sorry if I freaked out about the Star Wars thing a little. I'm a, er, em, a little bit of a "Trekkie", and my shackles come out whenever Star Wars is mentioned. :) I watched the first 3 films (Episodes 4-6) as an adult, which I think vastly hurt the chances that I would enjoy them. I also had the misfortune of watching Episode 1 in the theater, which officially stomped out any interest I may have had in the franchise. All that being said, I do have a soft spot for Yoda. Very "gobliny". :tongue2:

Don't worry, Jess! I'm sure we're all grown-up enough to not take these things too dead seriously. ;) Or? Maybe that depends on how much a "little bit" of a Trekkie really is?

I also have a soft spot for Yoda. Until he started bouncing around like a rubber ball and kicking peoples arse in episode 2 (or was it 3?).