Any one recall?

Buy a similar metal case from a DIY store for a few tenners, a few plastic boxes, a compact desk light and you've got most of what this set offers for a fraction of the $$.

It's putting it together that's the rub Rit.

But with some decent power tools and some skill I think it can be done. Plus I would want a compartment that snugly stored the figures that I was working on in a foam bed. The current model does not offer that.

Do you really need to "put it together"? Just stack a couple of plastic boxes inside the metal case. You can probably find a selection of boxes that fill out the space neatly, so that they don't bounce around while carrying the case.

I am also quite sceptical to how comfortable it is using the case as workspace. I'd prefer to spread my things out a bit and use like an old newspaper or something as surface protection. This one raises the work area too much over the desk or table you use. I'd not be comfortable working like that.

I agree about the work space being elevated and thus being uncomfortable. I would put it together just because I am a nut and I like to do crap like that.

Is it necessary? Nope not at all. The cases also come with a good amount of foam already. My company puts out a product that uses these cases and they are really great. Since I already have a prefered desk lamp to travel with I think I am going to purchase a case (Approx $15 or so) and some fishing tackle boxes that nest well.

I'll pst some pictures of the finished product when it occurs.

Is it necessary? Nope not at all. The cases also come with a good amount of foam already. My company puts out a product that uses these cases and they are really great. Since I already have a prefered desk lamp to travel with I think I am going to purchase a case (Approx $15 or so) and some fishing tackle boxes that nest well.

Yeah, that's exactly what I would do. I already have a steel case that I bought cheaply for a completely different purpose, and a very compact halogen desk light. All I'd need, if I would need a painting kit for travelling, is to get some plastic boxes to store paint in and something to protect the minis I'm working on.

The full set, including some sort of portable spray booth, cost 235 euro and the one without the spray booth costs 185 euro.

Since this was referenced on an earlier thread, I have so been looking at the one without the spray booth.... not really something I have too have, but it would make painting while I travel easier...

I am also quite skeptical to how comfortable it is using the case as workspace. I'd prefer to spread my things out a bit and use like an old newspaper or something as surface protection. This one raises the work area too much over the desk or table you use. I'd not be comfortable working like that.

I figure this is probably best for a painter who travels a lot, like St. Anger said there in his above post. Like Ritual, my painting area is a bit haphazard with stuff all over, but this case would look really cool set up in your hotel room. :D Be the envy of everyone at GenCon at the Paint and Take tables when you show up with this! :laugh:

t definitely falls into te "toy" category... I agree with ohers solutions .. fishing tacke boxes .. especially the type freely available to you americans for Lure fishing are great for storing everything in and having all the little fold out areas you need.The ones with lure hanging space also have plenty of room for paint pots .Hell I've even seen ones with fold up lights fitted for night fishing. as far as a workspace though I do like my elbow room and would probably never work within the confines of that surface just using some newspaper or similar for covering .. never really painted while travelling before though until yesterday a.m attempting to finish a comp piece at 8a.m in the hotel room with a hangover .. I literally just took paints glues and brushes with some pallette paper in a couple of boxes . The one thing I didn't take and is THE most essential thing to take when travelling is a decent portable light... all the brushes paints and tools in the world are worth jack without a decent light.