One question before purchase

elzaeer

I'm not sure what you are asking here. I fear the language barrier is getting in the way.

Bug, I was just about to say the exact thing.

If I buy one starter box guild is what j have with cards and rules reduced of game indoors?

Let me take a stab at this:

If I buy one starter box faction, is what I have (with cards and rules) "reduced of game indoors?"

If I have everything else right, the only part that makes no sense to me is the "reduced of game indoors" part.....please be more specific so we can better help.

Edited by thetang22

That is a matter of opinion of course.

I think that the minies are superb. I also think that the rules are going to be excellent. I've been working with the Beta team and I have to say that I am very excited about what this game is going to do.

So, with that being said, go ahead and get a box deal. They are all good.

I'll just add on to what Bug and Red have said. No rules for the game yet - they are still in the testing phase, but things are going well with testing so far and there are quite a few unique and exciting things about this game. There are also some ideas that are modified and enhanced from some other gaming systems, but we are trying to keep as unique a flavor as possible with these rules.

The miniatures are very characterful and great. The quality is also top notch. One good thing to know is that all the box sets do work as fully playable groups in the game.

Wyrd was a miniatures company long before we thought to become a game company.

At the moment the game is in developement and has been for a goodly while now but we've finally moved into a genuine closed beta testing phase and they are currently tearing about the game apart well and good at the moment in order to find what works and doesn't.

We have prototype cards and rules which we've showcased at Gencon in order to see what the interest was for Malifaux though those aren't the final pieces which will see production here next year.

Hopefully we'll see an open beta here in the very near future to work out the last of our kinks and balancing issues and shyould everything go well with that, we'll go into production and have our professional packaging and marketing going shortly there after.

At the moment the miniatures do NOT come with any game cards or information on the game but we are not going to leave customers out in the wild who have supported us in the past. I'm not exactly sure in what manner we'll get the cards out to everyone initially but we'll at the very least offer them up online in PDF format and most likely offer them in hard format as well for the cost of shipping or include them as updates with future orders, etc. We'll work something out I can assure you.

Hope this answers your questions!

My first purchase is made ! your opinion has which have me buy?

Sorry, the language barrier is still making it difficult to understand. Are you saying:

1. You already have bought your first group?

2. Or, are you saying that you plan to buy, but want opinions on which group to buy?

If number 2, you need to take a few factors into consideration. The first and probably most important - which miniatures do you like to look of? Playability is important, but if you don't like looking at the miniatures you are using, playability will get old quick.

For info on the style of play of each faction, the best public record right now is the thread called "The Five Factions in Play," found here:

http://wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?t=4519

I don't think it has been updated in quite some time, but I think most all the information is fairly accurate with where the game design elements are at the moment.

As for giving my opinion on which group to buy if you haven't already: Being an AARG Representative, it would be shameful of me if I didn't recommend getting an Archanist group....too bad none are available yet for the group deals...

Edited by thetang22

We are muddling through.

Don't worry about the English issue. Everyone here will be happy to help you. It may just take a bit longer.

Congratulations on your first skirmish group.

When the Arcanists come out you should get them. They are the BEST faction! (That was a joke. I feel it is necessary to mention that to be safe)

Or you could just cherry-pick from the sweetest minis that are Mercenaries, adding to them over time - you'll always be able to use them guys whatever your chosen faction.

Or, if you're like me, you'll realise that eventually you'll end buying every mini, so you might as well just start with the ones you particularly like....

so you might as well just start with the ones you particularly like....

That is I do ;) !! I like The Witchling Stalkers and Sonnia Criid , therefore my choice was quickly make ! But I confess ,I like Rusty Alyce and Misaki , Samael Hopkins can make replace with one of her? Or it is precious in the group?

I'll confess too, that Samael feels like the odd ball in that group. The nice thing though, Elzaeer, is that you will have a lot of customizable options for creating your group. I probably shouldn't go into too much detail, but I think its common knowledge that lots of the minis within the same faction are swapable to offer more variety to the gamers in group composition (thats the way it is in most games).

Also, the mercenary faction will offer a number of possible characters to enhance your gameplay experience. I'll say too, that the mercenary faction has got a lot of fun character profiles in it in case you might want to make some changes to your group.

• 2 weeks later...