Pets Poll & Pictures

EricJ

Most cats are gorgeous but EricJ, yours is beautiful!

In just over a week I'll be able to draw, paint, write and sculpt in peace and there's a cat who darts in every time the front door's open, for food, stroking and to pinch the big, comfy chair the moment anyone's arse leaves it! She's great - looks very much like Hinton's cat, Monroe.

I'm holding out for a monkey....

I have the sneakiest kitty ever named Nala

picture.php?albumid=21&pictureid=73

She'll get jealous during one of my projects and come "help me" by crashing everything and laying down in the center.

My 72 gallon salt water tank

picture.php?albumid=21&pictureid=74

This is a really old pic and there's a lot more rock and corals in there now. It’s not that bad to manage, but I designed the filtering/timing/salinity balancing process to be pretty automated so I really don't mess with it to mush other than water changes and feeding. It has a whole refugium system underneath, that grows macro algae to eat the nitrates and filter waste naturally and completely sustainably, just a linen bag to catch debris. I only have 5 tiny fish in that big tank, 3 damsels and a pair of Penguins that hosted to this cool frogspawn colony right in front, I love it. I get lost watching all the hermits and crabs picking around and the fish jumping in and out of the current, its so relaxing. My fish will sometimes tease my cat and she sits there for hours swatting the glass

@EricJ- funny that you say its harder to keep your plants alive than the fish, for me, the corals are much hardier than the fish. Do your shrimp molt? mine do and every time they do I think one of them died because the shell is so perfect.

Here's a pic of my brittle star and a star polyp colony, and dirty glasspicture.php?albumid=21&pictureid=75

I have 2 cats and a ferrit right now... I had 2 ferrits but my little male died this summer. :( With the rescue work for the SPCA I grew up with over 200 dogs through the house....

I have a 75gal tank...all the fish died when my place got so hot in the summer that it boiled the water! We would put ice bottles in the water a few times a day but it wasnt enough. I havent decided what to replace them with yet. I will find some photos to post. For now I have these photos of my fuzzies.

Frost - past away Aug. 31/08

2777482036_59f44bc023.jpg?v=0

Luna...terror of Orange Tabbys!!:vb_devil:

2777488108_1a9668708a.jpg?v=0

I just put up what Wikipedia listed as the top 10 pets, I admit I missed some, but you can just know that if you have a pet not listed here...you're living on the fringes of society ;)

As for taking photos of aquariums...it's HARD, that's for sure, I still struggle with it, honestly, I sort of got lucky getting a completely in focus shot of the shrimp

We have a cat and a dog. We saw a really cool R2D2 aquarium that got us thinking about fish recently, but generally we're probably too lazy to keep anything that requires a cage or tank.

I took pictures on a couple of visits to public aquariums, one that allowed use of the flash and one that didn't. The pics with flash turned out loads better. They weren't all in focus, but far more of them were.

I don't have pics of the pets up anywhere on the web, so I guess I can't show off my furry friends.