Gencon Demo Times

So are we going to hear any results from these demos today?

Are the demos showcasing a full-fledged game from start to finish using the current rules, or are they only showcasing bits and pieces of the game?

If they are full games, about how long are the games taking to play?

How many (and which) warbands are being used used for the demos?

Mornin' all, jacking into the computer before heading out this morning.

They have been doing full games, and of course as we're in closed beta, its interesting to watch these guys hammer it out in a game and then have a flurry of discussion and you then see pencils and pens scribbling in their books and changing this or that to make things more interesting.

Most of you know that I'm pretty closed about giving out information on anything until its time so you won't get much in that way, but essentially we're all thinking that the open beta is going to be towards the end of this year (not far at all) or early next. Ya'll break it, we fix it, then its onto production which generally takes a good three months or so for turn around on printing, proofing, etc, etc. As usual, the caveat is when its done, its done. No one else wants this out quicker than I, believe me.

Demo groups initially were the Witch Hunters and Lilith's Nephilim, the WH's coming upon the Neverborn in what they thought was Arcanist activity and finding themselves facing something quite different.

Games are generally taking between 45 minutes to an hour and 15 minutes, depending on the tactics, card tosses and the time these fellas take to explain rules and the like to interested folks.

Aaron and Steve also brought along their minis as they were itching to get them on the game table and consequently there were Death Marshals, Resurrectionists and a few other ones zooming around the table at one time or another.

Heck, I'm told I'll actually have to get around to demo playing it myself sometime this weekend when things slow down a bit (which at this point looks like 'not at all').

SO how does one sign up for the open beta?

Can I get my LGS in on the action?

There is a really strong community down here in rat land. :D

I am really psyched at how well this is being received. If you aren't in a position to compete with GW at the moment I would say that is sounds like you are on the same track as PP!

Excellent!!!