Newest Paintjobs - Anima Tactics

Duende

I reckon this is the point where I admit the fact that I simply must not be a fan of this genre as minis.. I love the art I love the concepts ,, Hell most of the time I think the sculpts are great but there is something lacking in them that gets me to part with my cash ...and to say I buy just about every mini I see that really is saying something.. I really cannot say what it is ..just something lacking for me....

Personally I don't like the minis above, but there are quite some other Anima minis that I really like. I don't feel the need to buy them all, but I will definately buy some more (I already have a few in my collection). I like the fact that you can paint them colorfull without being punished for it :inlove:. Somehow I'm unable to paint the popular realistic/historical style-minis...

I know what you mean Bren! When I look at all the pretty colours of paint I have I find it difficult to think of just using a bunch of dull browns on something. ;-> I can appreciate that style of painting quite a bit, I just don't know that I'm going to be going there personally any time soon.

It's the clumsiness and impossibility to render a lot of the details of the concept art into 3D in this scale. Take the first mini, for instance. In the artwork she's elegantly spreading flowers in swirls around her body. The miniature looks like she's thrashing about with lumps of seaweed.

It's the clumsiness and impossibility to render a lot of the details of the concept art into 3D in this scale. Take the first mini, for instance. In the artwork she's elegantly spreading flowers in swirls around her body. The miniature looks like she's thrashing about with lumps of seaweed.

That sums up my whole problem I think.. also made me spit my tea on the monitor :laugh:

I love anime and manga but they just haven't been translated well enough at this scale yet to get me excited.

My favorite is the woman with the ballroom gown and gigantic large caliber machine gun. It's got an "easter egg" too- the concept art shows some partially hidden knives in the gown. The back of the hoop-supported part of the gown is a separate piece, and her legs (along with several hanging knives) are sculpted onto the back of the main piece, so if she's not attached to a base you can see her legs and the knives inside the gown.