Random Observation - Encouragement

Keltheos

It's nice to see the Wyrd forumites encouraging one another's painting vs. other forums where it's all about the critique or naysaying.

Also feel encouraged to paint! Like everyone's looking forward to seeing my lowly paint jobs just as much as some of you masters out there.

It's a nice feeling. :You_Rock_

ditto on that .. these boards are the best atmosphere I have come across on the big triple W.

I always encourage people to show there stuff where possible as there is always somebody around here willing to offer helpful advice and the feedback in comps in some of the most helpful I have ever had.. you all rock..

I just get a big ol' tickle out of seeing the work that folks put into the miniatures, whether by Wyrd or any other company!

I didn't start out doing miniatures to make money, I started out as a hobby and I've got a gaggle big damn closet full of paints, brushes, bits and bobs and a whole slew of miniatures (well, sold or gave off a ton I must admit) and only really got into doing Wyrd and the miniatures as another way to express my interest in the hobby.

Of course you know what they say about making your hobby your business ... but, I'll get to put paint on a miniature again at GenCon I'm certain of it! About the only time I can these days.

Anyhow, rambling aside. Paint, post and let us see what you've been doing with yourself.

I have always loved the 'art class' feel that this forum brings. Meaning it reminds me of the high school art classes I took, where we'd all just be chatting as we worked on our various projects.... sometimes you offer criticism or praise, sometimes you just chat....laid back, but very inspiring climate.

I have always loved the 'art class' feel that this forum brings. Meaning it reminds me of the high school art classes I took, where we'd all just be chatting as we worked on our various projects.... sometimes you offer criticism or praise, sometimes you just chat....laid back, but very inspiring climate.

I remember my Art class in college being the same, good times.

I think other peoples input, good or bad, is a huge part of any art form but miniature painters tend to be very enthusiastic about painting so is really great when you get a whole bunch of painters together like these forums do, you get so much input it's perfect!!

I haven't posted anything yet so I'll remember some of these quotes about you guys being so nice :thumb:

Yep, it's a great place to be. Even my poor attempts were looked upon kindly in IP5 and 'I think..' Just pop your pieces into a gallery nd wait for a browsing member to drop by. I have. This is also a great site to see some awesome paint jobs, oh how I wish..