Happy Birthday Tenebræ

Woot go me. This is probably the best gift <sniff> the recoginition from complete strangers lol.

Well Lesse, my brother's gift came early, ooo 2008 scrabble dictionary just like last year*. My sister's present has yet to arrive, but if the past 3 years are any clue it will be a T-shirt from a surf shop that I didn't know existed**.

*This is a sort of inside joke, my brother is a scrabble machine, he placed in the top 10 on the USA National Scrabble Tournament. He says he will stop getting me these when I can beat him. Last christmas when the family was together, me, our father and my sisters husband each got 50 point handycaps and we combined our score at the end and he still beat us by about 100 points.

** I can't say I blame her, she has two toddlers to take care of, I guess my status of youngest of the family has been upsurped. They already have made one botched assassination attempt. Hah think they can off me that easily... Next time I shall be ready :firedevil <schemes and plots>

*This is a sort of inside joke, my brother is a scrabble machine, he placed in the top 10 on the USA National Scrabble Tournament. He says he will stop getting me these when I can beat him. Last christmas when the family was together, me, our father and my sisters husband each got 50 point handycaps and we combined our score at the end and he still beat us by about 100 points.

Sounds like you had a pretty good day, hope it was a lot of fun for you!

I read a book about competitive Scrabble a few years ago. I think it was called Word Freak, not sure. It was pretty interesting, and it sounds like the word knowledge and memorization required are on par with competitive chess.