Northern Lights Glade Guard Conversion

WolfDreamerNZ

Hey WolfDreamer,

A very nice start: your green stuff work looks good, the background is impressive, & I love your choice of colors. I hope you continue posting pics as work progresses; it would be great to follow the evolution process [you'd make an old man happy].

Good luck with the painting AND the rules.

Nice work Lisa - you should know that we're open to the whole of the hobby here at Wyrd and don't mind in the least if you post, discuss, paint or holler about other companies and miniatures. Only thing that we ever deliberately squash is when fan boys/girls come in and start screaming about how Wyrd is crap and XXX is the best and so forth. Actually only had that happen once and not worried about it, but you know what I mean.

Don't be a stranger.

Anyhow, really like the fact that you are trying to do something different and present your miniatures in a different way. It isn't much of a stretch of imagination that you're going to surprise some people when you put these on a table there in NZ.

These are going to be fantastic! I think I've got a bigger axe to grind against GW than most but still love seeing their minis done well by folk - especially when they've been made unique and somebody's, if you know what I mean... like these are defo yours, not GW's nor anyone else's....

Look forward to seeing how they progress and am dying to know how you'll incorporate the Northern Lights....

Thanks guys!

DN: Do you want me to start a WIP army thread and if so how much detail do you want? Greenstuff stage, painting stage and basing stage? Step by steps on some of the more (what I consider) interesting aspects of the models?

FF: I know, I know. Part of me feels bad that I have yet to paint a luverly Wyrd mini. Perhaps I shall have to ease the burden of guilt by taking a trip over to the store and purchasing my first one. :tongue2:

As for surprising some people - bring it on. Let's just hope it is in a good way. LOL

AW: Me too - though there is a level of planning involved - much of it will probably happen organically - through trial and error.

V2 - Glad you like them as well. As for the aurora - still working on that one - I know I am going to do the cloak backs in them - but am thinking I need to pull them round to the front as well - possibly the uppermost tabardy bit?

What do you guys think? I tried the whole elf in aurora colours - pretty but very pastel - so no go there...suggestions?

A WIP thread would be great with anything you'd care to include.

I've got a commission to do a Stirlander & Vampire force. using quite a lot of non GW stuff [YES] seeing how you are workiing your way through the Elves is giving me a nice little boost. If I can get my possessed camera [from HELL] to cooperate [it hates me], I'll post some pics so you can see how MUCH better yours are.