The @#$%!! Lioness

Bexley

I don't have pictures yet, but I didn't want to keep blathering about it in the IP thread.

I messed around a bit lat last night, and discovered that mixing paint and Golden Glaze Medium 1:1, and then thinning that mixture about 10:1 mix/water, I got paint that flowed very nicely off the brush but was still thick enough to not run all over without drying bumpy and globby.

Also, Beezlebrush's technique of painting water along the edge of the filigree, then touching a brush with black paint on it to the edge and letting capillary action pull the black paint around the filigree worked beautifully for any slight msitakes I made.

Still, knowing this wouldn't have helped me to finish on time, as it's still really time consuming. Actually, I suppose knowing that would have helped, in that I'd have known how long it was going to take me and would have switched to a rapidly painte Khorne Berzerker early Sunday morning.

Anyway. I'll take a few pictures tonight and put 'em up. The stupid thing is actually looking pretty good right now.

Yeah. If I hadn't lost the previous weekend when the horse's leg broke (I couldn't just focus on the Lioness, as I needed to leave her alone to exchange the set the following Monday) I'd have maybe had a shot.

Of course, had she been the "Blue Lioness," I might not have had my heart set on painting her for this round.

Good luck to you on finishing her without losing your sanity in the process. I had one of her and I could not get her sword to stay in her hand. I couldn't pin it and the glue I had then just wouldn't hold for some reason. I'm not sure if I still have her anymore, I think I might have given her away... just because she ticked me off everytime I looked at her.

Looking great so far!

:D

Sadly, I did not get a chance to. Though, he only spoke just enough English to get by, and I don't speak French at all, so it ended up being tough to pick his brain for tips. I did see that he was using a combination of Rackham paints, and two other brands which were completely foreign- not any of the well known paint lines. I'm not even sure if they were hobby paints or artist's paints. They were in largeish bottles, about halfway between the size of a Rackham paint bottle and a Liquitex paint bottle. The labels on one were in French, and I wasn't even sure about the other one. It seemed to be some sort of Slavic language.

Well, now that Rackham is being distributed by the fine fine folk at Fantasy Flight Games, you should go to your LGS and demand they begin to carry it again!

And Wyrd, while you're at it, of course. I've been working on my LGS in that respect. I think I've about convinced him.