Khornate Dreadnought "Deathwalker!"

LoneWolf

I don't know, I thought the shiny blood was because he was going for the "wet, fresh kill kinda look" which I think it pulls of pretty well, the only thing that's doesn't do it for me in the abundance of collapsed skulls on the base, I think they have a serious need to have some fleshy bits in order to convey that they were the recent victims that caused all the gore to appear on the talons in the first place. As its stands the base is the only things that doesn't do it for me as it appears he's trodding on a bunch of freshly exhumed graves.

All in all it's good stuff, nice looking weathered metal, decent red, and I like the pose. I'm confused by the black skulls on the base. Are they supposed to look like they have been scorched by flames or something? Because to be honest it just looks like you forgot to paint them.

• 2 weeks later...

I like him I agree withe comments above ..

Fresh kills on the base to convey the reason for the blood..(although Khorne doesn'yt generally need a reason..

Picking out the trim round the helmet with the gold may have helped it pop a bit more...

The red and the gold are done really well especially like the patina around the rivets nice touch..

don't be disheartened it was a tough category and would have taken an ubergod of all things paint connected and sheer genius among men to place this year....(oh wait a minute I nicked gold....:laugh:)