Wyrd virgin no more.

supervike

It's a bit embarassing to admit, but I've not painted ANY of my Wyrd Miniatures yet. I've started a few, but just never seen one through to the end.

This was kindly pointed out to me, that I've never shown one off, so I made it my mission this weekend.

Here is KILLJOY....I put it on the same base ol' Spacemunkie did (Groundforge), but it looks much darker and grittier.

killjoyWYRD.jpg

What do you think? I was actually almost happy with most of it (which is far different from most of my finished minis)

Completely terrible ...

:D

Actually, it was me that was busting on Jim the other day privately for never having popped his Wyrd cherry and I'm glad to see such a mean beast managed to do so, part of those stretching exercises Jim has been talking about.

:D

Seriously, nice work. I think GenCon will let you enter that into their painting contests if you want, long as it isn't published, won previous awards, blah, blah .. least I think that's how I remember it. Like the veins.

Totally forgot to reply to this one!

I really love the paintjob. The cold and light skin colors work really well and the veins rock hard! The base is very well done (it is my favorite Groundforge base!) and the nuclear goo is a FANTASTIC color. Do you have a recipe for that?

Good stuff man! Now show us more Wyrd :D