Harrier

Hinton

Picked this up from Fozzbozz since Duende is always trying to convince me to buy from different manufacturers.

I've always struggled with getting the highlights high enough or the shadows deep enough (or both) and, like most new painters, getting smooth transitions in between them. So I painted this one up as practice to take my highlights up higher than I have before and try to get nice, smooth transitions to deep shadows.

Problem is, I think I need a better lighting set-up or something (all I have is a small desk lamp with a 100W bulb) since the pictures aren't really showing that the highlights are almost pure white.

Anyway, I'd really like to know what you all think, especially in regards to the areas that I worked on. How can I make it better?

harrierdx6.jpg

Pic

I adjusted the gamma a little on your pic and hopefully it's closer to what you have in RL. Your smoothness & neatness have certainly improved since your last post. I'll say go bolder with your highlights. When you feel you have over done it, simple glaze over the area with a watered down mid color. This will also smooth out the harshness of the paintjob.

Picked this up from Fozzbozz since Duende is always trying to convince me to buy from different manufacturers.

Hey, there's more to life than Reaper, after all! ;) Ther's lots of great mini manufacturerers out there like Hasslefree, Freebooter, Dark Age, Mag. Egos, and ..... oh yeah... Wyrd! :D

I think the harrier looks really good, but the highlights aren't showing very well, maybe the white needs to be more concentrated. Also, for photography, I use at least three light sources, two of which are clamp lamps so I can adjust which way they point. Also, you may want to try using a light tent, which there are plenty of on eBay, or I think there's an article at CMON about building your own.

The transitions looks excellent though, very smooth. I'd also recommend repeating the stripes on the fronts of the loincloth on the backs as well.

OK that's my 2 cents.

:D