NEWS: Runic Miniatures

Hi Nathan,

Cheers for bringing the news forward.

Getting the company in the air - well, on the web - took somewhat longer than expected...

The 3 female figures (some of my very first sculpts) were shown last year, while the orc is newish - sculpted in spring.

Naturally, I have read various comments about the figures around the www and while there are some obvious areas to critique on the females (the quite static poses in general and specifically the arm length on the teddy-bearing girl), I am glad that the orc has been well recieved as the old school-miniature that I wanted to create.

For those interested in what is to come I can reveal as much as I have developed a passion for gnomes, goblins, gunpowder, and wigs...

My daugther also wants me to do a troll, a witch, and I suspect she will soon want a whole line of princesses... Not sure I will get into princess-mode, but new interpretations of trolls, witches, and other classic fairytale creatures would be a very interesting and enjoyable direction I think.

:-)

Hey, cool to see the maker on Wyrd :). As I said on the Forum of Doom, I really, really like the Oldskool Orc...but the price is a bit too high for my taste. Now I don't know jack about Danish taxes, moulding cost, etc. but 8.50 euros for the orc makes it difficult to compete with companies like Wyrd, Hasslefree or Heresy.

@ Ritual and Supervike: I'll pass on your demand for trolls to my daugther - and I will do more concepts to get cleared my 3-year-old art director. :-)

@Malebolgia: Cheers for the kind word about the orc. The whole Danish tax stuff is really not worth going into. Denmark is just a damn expensive country and getting your stuff cast abroad does not help a lot.

@ Vincegamer: Gobbo judge in black robe wearing a powdered wig? Well, that's actually a very acurate guess...