GenCon Indy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric is much more approachable than I thought.

HAH, yeah, at dinner with Kev and Nathan seemed to keep mentioning that they were having a hard time believing that I was really that complete ass they knew from online ;)

I tried to play up the ego, I really tried hard! ;)

Wren and her husband were good sports at the booth as I started a conversation, left off to take care of a customer and then came back to them again. Lots of fun there.

Hm... I'm not sure if you're omitting some of the story to make yourself look worse, or because it's top secret or something. ;-> The customers in question were industry bigwigs, whereas I am not so much, so I completely understood.

As for those Imps Rhonda - heh, yeah, they are a bit of work to put together. I'll shoot you some pictures of the greens to help you out there. Might make a few changes to them to make things easier in the next mold for them as they are a touch of work.

That'd be super helpful. I think I've figured out what goes with who, but it'd be nice to double check and verify orientation and whatnot.

they were having a hard time believing that I was really that complete ass they knew from online

Hey, I didn't say you were an ass. I just thought you might be kind of aloof up there on your godly painter perch, and you're not. ;->

Hey guys, thought I would chime in to say I had a great time meeting both Nathan and Eric at GenCon. Glad that everything worked out well for you guys and that you are already planning next year. \m/

The new minis are LOADS of fun...(thankfully I got that second pack of Imps). After flashing them off to the guys at the LGS they are kicking themselves for not sending more money with me. =) The spiffy new packaging looks great as well.

Thanks again for everything Nathan. The guys picked up their Viktorias tonight...and were quite eager to start on them.

Cheers,

~Jason

well, here was the "aces" painting competition, 1 hour speed paint (I Believe in the photo you can see (sorry for misspellings) in order: Me, Rich Stedman, Marike, Derrik Schubert, Amy Brehm, Zach Lanier, Sue W.)

aces-1.jpg

Here is me with a funny expression on my face talking with Jen Haley

meeting-1.jpg

Notice how me, being an "important" painter, am working really hard to ignore Nathan and Kev the whole time ;)

more photos to come, I'm slowly picking out the good ones when I find a moment when not dealing with this giant pile of work waiting for me when I got home.