Disgustingly Cute Diorama

Skya

What did you use for the flowers. They look great. I never found any usealble ones.

You know, I wish I knew. They were out of a bouquet that a friend gave me that I had let dry on my counter. I looked at them and went "Ooo, those'll be perfect!" and of course I'll never be able to find them again.

Let me see if I get it.

It's a baby dryad/treeman monster, petting a ferret and with a robin on its hand?

Sort of Song of the South?

Yup. You get it. It's like some twisted miniatures version of a halmark card.

Congratulations on the second place win! Are the animals from a familiar pack?

Thanks you. The ferret is out of Reaper's Darkheaven Familiar Pack I, the Entling is out of the Warlord Familiar Pack II and the robin was clipped off of the staff of 02905: Arthur Wanderhat, Wizard. Huzzah for bits scrounging!

You know, this one just doesn't do it for me, and I thought I would be honest in my critique as you are a good enough artist to take it for what it is I think instead of some fanboy slavering over it. Like your Ordic Pistoleer - that was worth some slobber' time.

This one here I have stared at for the better part of two days as folks have commented and I never understood what the heck it was until Cindy and Vince filled in the gaps for me and I finally was able to recognize what I was looking at (granted, I didn't know the miniatures, so that made it a touch harder).

The highlights seem a bit rough and all the coloring seems to run together. Yes, I know that some of the woodland stuff should sort of be the same colors or markings I suppose for the natural camoflage, but I did not pick out that ferret (or weasel, whatever it is) for being an animal until it was stated. I thought I was looking at a wierd piece of wood.

I'm betting if I was able to hold this one in my hand I could have figured things out rather quickly, but the angles here didn't show everything for me I guess.

Overall, a smooth job, and I like the flowers, but nothing here pops for me terribly much and seems a touch too 'same'.

Does that make sense?