Alpha Forge Salvage Run Contest.

supervike

I really like AlphaForge's minis. They have a lot of charm and character to them.

Anyhow, Rod, the head guru over on them parts, is sponsoring a painting contest called "THE SALVAGE RUN". It is designed to help get your Alpha Forge minis into a painted fighting shape. He has some unique prizes, including an unreleased Alpha Forge mini. Since I had just bought a little beginner army of his, I thought this would be a good excuse to get them painted.

The contest is broken into rounds, the first being the 'boss characters', the second is the crew/infantry, and the third is vehicles or demobots.

The first round ended this last saturday and here were my entries...

This is my 'boss'

MaggiePanorama.jpg

and here is my Shareholder:

deenopanorama.jpg

The contest also required you to send in the 'stats' of your crew, according to the rules. So I took that opportunity to fill in some 'fluff', which I have to admit was just as fun as the painting.

I tend to be a bit of a procrastinator....and I did just get these finished after a few marathon paint sessions.

Anyhow, what are your thoughts, comments, etc. Anything I should attempt for the next round (where I have 4 minis to paint) I only have 1 month (due date June 20th) AND I plan on getting a few Wyrd entries done too......

• 1 month later...

Ok...so, my stuff doesn't generate to much conversation (or any for that matter) but I will still plug away...here are the next four miniatures for the next round of the contest...

oliver%20pan.jpg

Oliver Deboise, one of the Salvagers....and the IT guy..

oliverpan.jpg

jr%20panarama.jpg

JR Tannenbaum, the tattooed biker type. He is squad leader. I sculpted the bandana and the little 'candy corn' at the end of his gun...

rocky%20panorama.jpgjrpanarama.jpg

The heavily Armored HADES battle suit. Thats the "asset protection technician" Rocky Lesko, both helmeted and unhelmeted...

cdt%20panorama.jpgrockypanorama.jpg

This is the Wardroid CDT-534...

cdtpanorama.jpg

I have another crew member who I didn't get photographed yet...

The final stretch of the contest is this month and I have a big ol robot to paint

and an armored truck....

Any comments?

@FF...yup those are my handiworks....One of the first times I feel my photos actually look closer to the real deal.

@LA...yeah, they got a few of those cyborgy dudes. Very bizarre stuff, and I think he has got more on the way.

Alphaforge are not the best sculpted in the world, but I think that is more than made up for by the character and charm they have to me. BUT...he does do some of the best robots out there.....I'll be working on the big 'Demo-bot' next...he is freaking cool.

Thanks for the comments!

• 3 weeks later...

The Alpha Forge Contest is finally drawing to a close, and I actually got my entry in days before the deadlline.....

This was a long time coming...I think I started it intially back in May...

Here are some final pics...

My Demo bot

FORGEPAN.jpg

I was going for 'construction equipment' here. He's a big un, and took me a while to paint.

Here is the Salvage Dog, an armored gun truck....

I scratchbuilt a little plow on the front...from cardboard and plastic. I made it removeable. Also the exhaust pipe is something I swiped from a matchbox toy...I thought it looked cool.

DesertDogpan.jpg

I also made a trailer for behing the truck...You can see the little hitch I added in the pics above...The trailer is scratchbuilt out of a plastic lid, plasticard, and some extra Alpha Forge bits. I made it hitchable and unhitchable too...The bases on both the truck and the trailer are just upside down light switch covers. Nice and cheap at .59 cents a piece!! All the gear is removeable as well.

TRAILERPAN2.jpg

Lastly....here is my entire crew.....The judging will take place soon, Wish me luck!

THE-DESERT-ROSE-CREW.jpg

Procrastination! That's what surprised me so much about being done...my wife said the same thing. I know alot about procrastination, in fact, I can show you some interesting things about it...but I'll just do it later........

@lead asbestos.....oh, I see what you mean. Actually, this is just the beginning of my sci-fi crew. I have a few additions I'd like to add to this particular crew. Some of it is more 'mechanical'...such as a drop ship I am building out of styrofoam inserts, and a few more vehicles. I have about 5 more Alpha Forge crew members...I just got those a week or two ago, so I want to make another squad.

Adding some Heresy sci-fi guys would be great, as would a few from the Hasslefree line.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The announcement has been made (finally!)

I'm happy to announce that I won as the BEST OVERALL PAINTED Alpha Forge Salvage Crew.

I am pretty excited about this as I really put a bunch of effort into it.

I will recieve this trophy:

trophy4.jpg

50 dollars to spend on the Alpha Forge store and an unrelease version of the Hydrissian Gorgon Recon Fighter....COOL BEANS!